Friday, December 22, 2023

Advent Calendar Day 22 ~ {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 40 ~ Unity Stamp Co.

Hello there crafty friend!
It's Day 22 of the 2023 Advent Calendar from Unity!! I'm revealing the Advent Calendar stamp on my YouTube channel each day and also have a short blog post. I made a fun background using today's stamp with some ink smooshing and blending.


A fun snowflake stamp is the next Advent Calendar stamp! I stamped the snowflake several times with Sugar Cube Pigment ink from Taylored Expressions over the Stampers Select White card stock from Papertrey Ink and added Alabaster White embossing powder from Brutus Monroe. Melted the embossing powder with a Wagner Precision heat tool. Then I did some ink smooshing and a bit of ink blending using TE Blender Brushes from Taylored Expressions with Salty Ocean and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide inks.


Inspiration for today's card comes from the current {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 40. I omitted the background paper on the right side and left some white space instead. If you need another Christmas card or maybe you want to get ahead for next year, give the {BYSHC} Sketch 40 a try and enter your card in the challenge. The challenge ends December 31st. I hope you'll join in the fun! If you'd like to see some more inspiration for the sketch check out the {BYSHC} blog.


The sentiment for today's card is from a cut apart sentiment strip that was a freebie during Brown Thursday or Black Friday... not sure. I trimmed it up and adhered it directly to the card. No foam tape this time.


This one didn't turn out how I thought it would but I like it. What do you think? If you watch the video I'd love to know if you would have kept the other ink smooshed piece for the right side or if you would have gone with the white card base like I did.

You can check out my video revealing the Advent Calendar Day 22 stamp and my process in making this card here... Advent Calendar Day 22 | Unity Stamp Co.


Looks like the Advent Calendars are out of stock... but there's some new goodies that were just released for the final release of 2023. I haven't had time to play with any of them yet, but soon I hope! I'll be back tomorrow for Day 23 of the 2023 Advent Calendar from Unity! Have an ink-tastic day!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.
 
Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.