Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Salad Spinner Art ~ Technique Tuesday ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with another Technique Tuesday! Can you believe it's December already? Sadly, that means it's my final blog post of 2023. I hope that you've been inspired to get inky and maybe even played along with some of the techniques that I've shared. If you missed some and want to check them out, you can do that here.


I do love getting inky and the technique I'm sharing today is another fun inky technique called Salad Spinner Art. This technique is wonderful for making awesome backgrounds! Lots of fun for mixing up colors. And can be used with a whole bunch of mediums.


I made a couple fun holiday cards using two of the four backgrounds that I created using the Salad Spinner Art technique. 


For the first background I used Sepia, Tangerine, and Alizarin Crimson Color Burst. I thought it was a fun mix of colors for a holiday card and I added a couple touches of gold by heat embossing the sentiment from Cute Santa using Gold Glory Embossing powder from Stampin' Up and adding some Gold Foil paper also from Stampin' Up.


I stamped Cute Santa with Black Amalgam ink and colored him with the following Copic markers:

Skin: E000, E00, E11, E04
White: C00, C1, C3
Red: R20, R14, R46
Black: N1, N3, N5, N7
Holly & Berries: YG11, G24, G46, R59


I then fussy cut Cute Santa and cleaned up the edges by coloring them with a Memento Tuxedo Black marker. The Spinner Art panel is adhered to a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" card front of True Black card stock from Papertrey Ink that was adhered to a white A2 top fold card base. All the layers are nice and flat for easy mailing. 


Card number two uses the last panel that I created with the Cosmic Shimmer pigments I got back in June at the Unity Lovers get together in Deepwater, MO at The Craft Lab. I've been anxious to play with them and boy, were they fun! 


Continuing the copper color in the background which is very light, I decided to heat emboss the Blanket of Snow Background stamp. I used the Wow Clear Embossing ink and Penny Embossing Powder from Brutus Monroe. And for a bit more copper... I heat embossed the season's greetings sentiment {minus the dot for the i... I lost it}.


I die cut the season's greetings from the Greetings of the Season {die set} from a scrap piece of white card stock. Pressed the sentiment into the clear embossing ink using my tweezers doing one side of the sentiment at a time so I had a place to hold the sentiment with my tweezers. Quick tip... be sure to let the melted embossing powder cool before touching! Not only does it hurt a smidge, but it can smudge up the pretty embossing. I speak from experience! LOL

I wasn't able to record my card making but you can check out my process in creating the backgrounds I used for my cards plus two more backgrounds that I didn't get to play with just yet. Check it out here... Salad Spinner Art | Technique Tuesday | Unity Stamp Co.




Two very different holiday cards using one fun technique! I've had a blast the last 12 months sharing some fun techniques with you all. I hope you've enjoyed them! If you give this fun technique a try, I'd love to see what you create so please share your cards in the Unity Show & Tell group and tag me. Have an ink-tastic day!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.