Monday, April 25, 2022

Spring into Christmas 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party ~ Do You Wanna Build a Snowman ~ Taylored Expressions

 Hello there crafty friend!
I can't believe that it's already Day 4 of the Spring into Christmas 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party!! This party is just zipping by... I hope that you've stopped by the {BYSHC} blog to see all the wonderful inspiration being shared! I've been so inspired by all the wonderful cards! Today, I have a card using the Do You Wanna Build a Snowman die from new Sponsor Taylored Expressions. Unfortunately, I believe this die is retired since I couldn't find it on the website, but I did see a few other silhouette style dies over in the shop if you're interested in doing a bit of shopping. *wink*wink* 


I paired up the sweet silhouette die with the Cursive Merry Christmas Word die from Sponsor Gina Marie Designs and I also used the Frames: Scalloped Stitched Rectangles die from Sponsor Gina Marie Designs. Sometimes it's fun to just play with all those die cuts and not stamp!


I ink smooshed my background on Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress Watercolor card stock with Iced Spruce, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot Distress Oxide inks. I focused the lighter ink where the lamp is and then used the darker Chipped Sapphire in the middle. And the Black Soot on the other side... giving the illusion of light. 


I did a bit of water splatter - which is basically just spritzing some water in your hands and clapping over your ink smooshed background. I used a paper towel to dab up the extra water and dried my background with my Mini Wagner heat tool. And then I added some Apple Barrel white acrylic paint splatter for my snowy background. I adhered the silhouette die cut to the back of the scalloped frame die cut before adhering it to the card as one piece. I thought it was an easier way to place the silhouette die exactly where I wanted it.


I die cut the sentiment three times and adhered the sentiments all together for some nice dimension. I adhered my layers to a white A2 top fold card base. Now rather than adding another layer like a black card front... I decided to use my Memento Tuxedo black marker and I colored around the edge of the white card base. It actually worked really well! Can you tell I colored the edges?


I sure hope I've inspired you to get inky and get a jump on those holiday cards! I was so relieved last year during the holidays that I didn't have to stress over making a bunch. I actually had extras left over! Head on over to the  Spring into Christmas 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party to see all the fabulous inspiration being shared so far! Even if you're not able to play along, I hope that you'll stop by and check out all the sweet inspiration being shared! So many beautiful cards!!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

8 comments:

  1. Awesome silhouette design and snowy sky! Beautiful card! Denise Bryant

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative mash up of so many great sponsor products, Crystal. I can't take my eyes off of that awesome background, though. Wowsers! The way you laid down the ink colors is masterful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE the silhouette design!! Wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stunning! I love the background and that silhouette is amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.