Sunday, April 24, 2022

Spring into Christmas 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party ~ Sweet Seasonal Apples ~ Brutus Monroe

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back for Day 3 of the Spring into Christmas 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party! I've been working on my studio this week while we've been on Spring Break from homeschool and I came across the Sweet Seasonal Apples stamp set from returning Sponsor Brutus Monroe... a collaboration stamp with Simon Says Stamp for STAMPtember that I got last year, I believe. Anywho, I just love this snowman candy apple so I thought I'd use him for a cute holiday card.


And I paired up the stamp with the Winter Cabin paper collection, also from Sponsor Brutus Monroe. Unfortunately, it looks like this paper collection is no longer available in the shop, but there's a bunch of other beautiful holiday papers still available in the shop! In fact, I probably shouldn't have looked because paper is my weakness and I think I need a couple paper collections!! LOL!


Each month I print out the sketch challenge and keep them all in a handy file folder. I decided to look through them all for inspiration and thought that Sketch 10 would be great for my card.


I stamped the snowman candy apple with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored him up with the following Copic markers:

Candy Apple ~ C00, C2, C3
Nose ~ Y06, YR15, YR68
Hat ~ N0, N2, N3, N5, R20, R14, R27, R39
Stick ~ E35, E39
Bow ~ R20, R14, R27, R39


I trimmed the focal piece and stamped the JOY sentiment. I added a mat of True Black card stock from Papertrey Ink for both the focal piece and the wood slice pattern paper. I added a couple pieces of scrap card stock under the top of the focal piece so that it would lay flat as I adhere it to the card front. I added three red Cozy Flannel Gloss enamel dots from Sponsor Gina Marie Designs. I wrapped the card front with a red grosgrain ribbon simply tying a knot for a faux bow and then I adhered the card front to a white A2 top fold card base.


Have you checked out the Spring into Christmas 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party? I'm loving all the fabulous inspiration being shared so far! Even if you're not able to play along, I hope that you'll stop by and check out all the sweet inspiration being shared! So many beautiful cards!!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

8 comments:

  1. WHAT?!? A candy apple snowman?!? So creative - what will they think of next?!? So cute, Crystal! Love this Brutus Monroe image and the paper you chose for the background, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... yes!! Isn't he the cutest?! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting, Cathy!

      Delete
  2. Such a fun image! Love the papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a sweet card indeed! That snowman looks mighty yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an awesome stamp set! Love this card and all the patterns! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.