Friday, April 8, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 21 ~ Owl-ways Merry ~ Penny Black

 Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing my weekly Christmas card using Sketch 21 from the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers! I made a sweet owl mini slimline card using the Owl-ways Merry stamp set from Penny Black.


I've had this cutie sitting on the side of my desk just waiting for it's turn to get inked up. Isn't it just the cutest?! I paired up the sweet owls with the A Perfect Winter paper pad from Echo Park Paper Co.


I altered the sketch a bit to fit a mini slimline card. My card base measures 6-1/2 x 7"; scored at 3-1/2". My bottom layer with the dark blue paper measures 6 x 3". The flower paper measures 5-7/8 x 2-7/8". Now for the plaid paper, I didn't want to waste any of it... Love It!!... so I cut to small pieces that tuck just under the focal piece. They measure approximately 3/4 x 2".


I stamped the sweet owls with Gina K. Black Amalgam ink and colored them up with the following Copic Markers:

Owls ~ W00, W1, W3, W5, C00, C2, Y06, YR15, YR27
Hats / Scarves ~ C00, C2, R20, R14, R37
Branch ~ BG01, T0, T4, T6
Leaves ~ BG0000, BG000, BG10, BG01
Berries ~ R20, R14, R37
Outline ~ C00, C1


The focal piece measures 3-3/4 x 2-1/2". To cut around the leaves I used my guillotine cutter but only cut close to the leaf and then I fussy cut the rest of the way around the two leaves. I adhered the plaid papers just under the focal piece and then adhered the whole thing to the card.

Here's a look at the fun {BYSHC} Sketch 21 for the month of April!
I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the gorgeous inspiration from the design team over on the  {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! I'll be back next Friday with my regular weekly Christmas card using this fun sketch!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.