Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Find Joy ~ Let's Be Off Background with Best Destination ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
Today, I'm sharing a card using a couple new releases from Unity Stamp Co. I thought it would be fun to combine the new Let's Be Off Background stamp with the cute car in the Best Destination stamp set.


I started by ink smooshing my background with Evergreen Bough, Forest Moss and Iced Spruce Distress Oxide inks on Kraft card stock. I dried my ink smooshed card stock completely with a heat tool and then stamped the Let's Be Off Background stamp with Ranger Jet Black Archival ink. I dried the background again with my heat tool and then mat it with True Black card stock. I adhered the card front to a kraft A2 top fold card base.


I stamped the cute Best Destination stamp with Gina K. Black Amalgam ink on Kraft card stock and then I colored it up with Copic markers. I love coloring on Kraft card stock with my copics!! It's one of my favorite techniques for a unique card.


Here's a list of the Copic markers that I used for the cute Best Destination stamp:

Sky ~ B0000, B00, B02
Sun ~ Y06, Y15, Y38
Clouds ~ N0, N2
Car ~ N0, N2, N5, R20, R14, R27, Y06, Y15, Y38
Grass ~ YG11, YG23, YG17
Road ~ N0, N2, N5


I die cut the Copic colored scene with a circle die from the Additional Circles dies from Waffle Flower. I also die cut a scrap piece of True Black card stock with the same sized circle die. I adhered the two circles together and set it aside. I then stamped the sentiment, trimmed it and adhered it to the circle focal piece. I added a bunch of foam tape to the focal piece and sentiment and set them aside. 


I wanted to add a bit of interest to the card with some burlap string so I used my Tombow Mono Permanent Adhesive tape runner to add some adhesive to the card front. I twist and turned some {Ivory} May Arts Burlap string over the tape runner adhesive and then popped up the circle focal piece over top of the string. I love the little loops sticking out! So fun!

Head on over to Unity Stamp Co. to see all the amazing new releases and they have a fantastic sale going on right now too!!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

10 comments:

  1. Love everything about this! I’ve never used my Copics on Kraft but I will now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card design. The copics coloring on kraft is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a great card, Crystal! I love everything about it. What kraft cardstock do you use that's copic friendly? Most kraft I find is too light weight. Thanks for sharing! I love the idea of copics on kraft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I use Kraft card stock from Papertrey Ink. It's a sturdier card stock. :)

      Delete
    2. Good to know. I haven't ordered from them for quite some time but I do recall they have nice paper. I'll check them out. Thanks!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.