Friday, April 15, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 21 ~ Say Cheese Christmas Ephemera ~ Simple Stories

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with my weekly Christmas card and this time I used a couple beautiful ephemera pieces from the Say Cheese Christmas ephemera pack by Simple Stories. I adhered the two ephemera pieces together to make one focal piece for my card.


I don't have much left of my Say Cheese Christmas pattern papers so I opted to use American Crafts Christmas papers that I've had in my stash for years. I'm pretty sure I got them in the Dollar Spot at Target. I may be stretching it here on my design with all the black and red in my background and no white, but I think it makes the red and black of the poinsettia pop.


I felt like it was missing some green and I tried the sparkly green glitter paper in the pattern pack but it wasn't working for me. So I opted for a few green enamel dots from my stash. These were loose in my stash so I'm not sure where they are from. I think it ties in the green from the ephemera pieces very nicely. What do you think?


Now I didn't have any sentiments in my ephemera pack that would work so I picked one of my favorite Christmas sentiments from the adorable Felt Stocking itty bitty stamp from Unity Stamp Co. I just love this font!! I adhered the trimmed sentiment to the focal piece and then popped them up together on the card with foam tape. I added a bit of sparkle to the poinsettia with a Nuvo Glitter Gloss Aqua Shimmer pen but I wasn't able to get a good picture. It's really quite subtle, but ties in the sparkle from the red glitter paper. A pretty quick and easy card with minimal stamping!


Here's a look at the fun {BYSHC} Sketch 21 for the month of April! I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the gorgeous inspiration from the design team over on the  {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! I'll be back next Friday with my first card for the Spring into Christmas 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party! I hope you'll join us and start building your stash of holiday cards for 2022!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.