Monday, April 11, 2022

Membership Monday ~ April 2022 BOM Bloomy ~ Spotlight Technique ~ Unity Stamp Co.

Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing a fun twist on the Spotlight Technique with this month's Background of the Month stamp. Rather than just a plain black and white background, I thought it would be fun to ink smoosh the background and then Spotlight a die cut portion with coordinating Copic colors. 


I die cut the stamped background with a stitched circle die from the Stitched Circle Stacklets from Taylored Expressions. I ink smooshed the background with Squeezed Lemonade, Saltwater Taffy and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide inks.


I die cut a scalloped rectangle from Kraft card stock with a scalloped rectangle die from the My Favorite Things' Blueprints 20 dies and mat my background with it. I die cut a circle from Kraft card stock using the Additional Circles dies from Waffle Flower and mat my Spotlight piece with it. I adhered the sentiment from the Love You Dearly {April 2022 Sentiment Kit} to the Spotlight piece and popped both up on the card with foam tape.


I Copic colored the Spotlight circle with the following Copic Markers:

Leaves ~ YG11, YG23
Petals ~ Y11, Y06, R12, R22
Background ~ BG000, BG23
Flower Center ~ Y11, Y06, Y15


I adhered the scalloped rectangle panel to a Cool Caribbean card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". And adhered the card front to a white A2 top fold card base. I finished off the card with a few Spring Bling Rhinestones. You can check out my process video for this card here... Membership Monday | Background of the Month | Spotlight Technique | Unity Stamp Co.




Isn't this month's Background of the Month stamp just gorgeous!?! I love how quick and pretty it can be colored up with some ink smooshing! Or how beautifully it can be colored up with Copic Markers! You can check out the Background of the Month membership over at Unity Stamp Co.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I never tried ink smooshing, I will be now. Looks fun and easy! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.