Monday, April 4, 2022

Membership Monday ~ April 2022 KOM True Colors ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I am finally back with a Membership Monday post and so excited to share an adorable mini slimline card featuring the beautiful owl from the April 2022 Kit of the Month called True Colors.


This month's KOM is AMAZING!!! So many gorgeous stamps... it's hard to pick one to play with first, but it wasn't impossible. I do love owls and this one is so beautiful!! I love it! It was so fun to color, too!


I kept the coloring pretty simple. I just outlined the face and breast of the owl with cool gray and outlined the wings with warm grays. I blended those out with lighter grays and bam! Super easy coloring! The flowers were also easy. I just colored with half circles focusing the darker colors in the bottom left side. I had fun mixing up yellows, pinks and a tiny pit of peach. Here's a list of the copic markers I used:

Owl ~ C00, C2, W00, W1, W3, W5, Y11, YR15
Leaves ~ YG11, YG23
Flowers ~ Y11, Y06, YR15, R12, R22, RV11, RV21, RV14


I die cut a white piece of card stock with the largest of the Lacey Lattice Mini Slimline dies from Gina Marie Designs. I masked off the left and right side with Pixie Tape and blended a tiny bit of Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide over the Cloud & Wave Stencil from Unity. I wanted the clouds soft to keep with my soft palette so I didn't go nuts with the ink. I fussy cut the owl leaving a bit of a white border around it. I adhered the lacy die cut to a 3-1/2 x 6-1/2" piece of Flirty Flamingo card stock from Stampin' Up. I adhered the card front to a white mini slimline card base measuring 7 x 6-1/2", scored at 3-1/2". I trimmed the sweet sentiment {also from this month's KOM} and then adhered the trimmed sentiment and the owl to the card. To finish it off I added a few Translucent enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs. I love this membership at Unity! If you get the KOM and ink up this adorable owl, I sure hope you'll share your creations with it in the Unity Show & Tell.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.


Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.