Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Kraft & Teal Merry Christmas Card ~ Ornamental Pines Bundle ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!

Today the design teams of Unity Stamp Co and ThermoWeb are sharing inspiration with a fun Instagram Hop for the amazing Ornamental Pines Stamp & Stencil Bundle. I'm so excited!! This bundle is AMAZING!! Since I haven't found my phone stand yet in the many moving boxes, I thought in lieu of a video I'd share a little photo tutorial. But first let's check out my card...


So pretty! This was my first time actually using the Deco Foil Transfer Gel Duo and oh my goodness... it's so easy!! I wish I had tried it before. I'd be foiling everything!!


I've been itching to use the gorgeous Background of the Month stamp from October... it's called The Christmas Tree. It's so pretty! And it made a lovely background for the Ornamental Pines!


I stamped The Christmas Tree background stamp on two kraft card fronts measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" with just Wow Clear Embossing ink. It gives a lovely watermark effect to the background.


I randomly inked up the Ornamental Pine stamp first with Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink and then Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide ink. Each time I spritzed the stamp with a bit of water and stamped the watermarked kraft card fronts. I stamped it one last time with Peacock Feathers spritzed with water to get the color variation I wanted.


I got distracted and didn't take a photo with the stencil, but all I did here was lay the stencil over the stamped trees and apply Deco Foil Transfer Gel Duo over top. I couldn't find my Deco Foil Stencil Pal so I just used a Palette Knife. The gel applies white...


and then it's clear when it's dry! 


It's also nice and tacky... ready for some foiling fun!


I used the beautiful Silver Glitter Deco Foil for this card. In this picture you can see the silver and the rainbow... GORGEOUS!!


I trimmed all of my layers and mat them with Bermuda Bay card stock. I wrapped my top layer with some {Natural} May Arts Burlap String. I added a few pieces of scrap card stock under the top layer on the right side so that it would lay flat on the card.


I die cut the beautiful Merry Christmas out of the Bermuda Bay card stock three times and then adhered them all together giving the sentiment dimension. There is an Ornamental Pines die that coordinates with the trees but I decided to fussy cut the tree since the water I used made the lines of the tree run a bit. To finish off the card, I popped up the tree with foam tape.


I used the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 16 for inspiration for my card. Join us in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group... we've been working on our stash of Holiday cards all year! I need to re-count my stash but I know I'm well over 100 so far.


Be sure to stop by the Unity Stamp Co website to snatch up your Ornamental Pine Stamp & Stencil Bundle before they are all gone!! You don't want to miss out on this amazing bundle!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.


Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

3 comments:

  1. Wow Crystal! The colour of the trees is just amazing, and the addition of the foiling makes all the difference. Fantastic card

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! The blue and kraft are so awesome together. I have not used deck awful yet I can’t wait to try it. The silver rainbow foil is definitely a showstopper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color scheme and the great layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.