Saturday, November 6, 2021

~ Friends of Unity November 2021 Blog Hop ~

Hello there crafty friend!
Welcome to our November 2021 Friends of Unity Blog Hop!! Can you believe the holidays are just around the corner?! I'm excited for our first Thanksgiving in our new home this month... and then, of course, our first Christmas next month. Our cue this month got me thinking about the holidays and handmade gifts...


...a Non-Card Project. I had several ideas come to mind and found a few online, but I decided to go with one of my favorite things to make for friends. A bookmark!


I've been itching to ink up this gorgeous holiday stamp from last month's Uniquely Unity stamp kit called Holiday Things. Every since this stamp was revealed I've wanted to stamp it on Kraft and color it up with my Copics. And to turn it into a bookmark was just a bonus! I used the Basic Bookmark 3 from Papertrey Ink to die cut the stamped background.


I wanted to go with a different sentiment... one that was smaller and wouldn't cover up too much of the background so I used one from the fabulous new November 2021 Sentiment Kit called Cherished Holly. The sentiments in this beautiful kit are so perfect for holiday makes. I blended a bit of Vintage Photo Distress Oxide over the sentiment to soften it.


I used a whole bunch of Copic markers to color up this bookmark. Here's my list:

Pinecone ~ E00, E11, E23, E25
Snowman ~ C00, C2, B00, B02, YR15, YR21, YR68
Bell & Bow ~ Y15, Y35, Y38, R14, R20, R27
Holly & Berries ~ G000, G24, G46, R14, R20, R27
Wreath ~ YG03, YG63, YG67
Rocking Deer ~ E00, E11, E23, E25, G000, G24, G46, R14, R27
Candy Cane ~ C00, C2, R14, R20, R27
Gnome ~ E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, RV21, V01, V04, R14, R20, R27, C00, C2 
Lollipop ~ C00, C2, R14, R20, YR15, YR21, Y15, Y35, G000, G24, B00, B02, BV00, BV11
Gingerbread Man ~ C00, C2, R14, R20, R27, E11, E23, E25
Ribbon & Bells ~ G24, G46, Y15, Y35, Y38
Stocking ~ C00, C2, V01, V04, V09, R20, RV21
Ornament ~ Y15, Y35, Y38, N0, N2, R14
Baubles ~ R14, R20, RV21, V01, V04, B00, B02, Y15, Y35, G000, G24, YR15, YR21
Bow ~ R14, R20, R27


I also had a fun idea for some festive tea bag holders that I made using my favorite holiday paper from Unity... the Farmhouse Christmas {paper pack}. My sweet friend, Robyn, sent me some wonderful tea last year that my daughter and I can't get enough of. I thought it would be fun to send some to friends this year and I just had to wrap them up all pretty.


The tea bag holder is made from a piece of Kraft card stock measuring 3-1/2 x 11" scored at 4", 4-1/4", 4-1/2", and 8-1/2". I die cut the flap with one of the border dies from the A2 Scalloped Borders One dies from Spellbinders.


The pattern paper on the front and back {yes, I put pretty paper on the back too} are 3-1/4 x 3-3/4". The pattern paper on the flap is 3-1/4 x 2-1/2" and then I die cut it with the same border die. I die cut the cute little tags with a die from my stash. I have no clue where it's from or what's it's called. But any little die would work or maybe a little tag. The sentiment is again from the November 2021 Sentiment Kit called Cherished Holly... love this kit!!


I wrapped the tea bag holder with some twine and tied a little bow to keep the tea bag holder closed. I slipped the tag through the twine.


I added a piece of Kraft card stock inside the tea bag holder measuring 1 x 7-1/4" and it's scored at 1-7/8", 2", 5-1/4", and 5-3/8". This piece of card stock inside holds the tea bags in the holder when it's closed.


I think these turned out pretty cute! Now, before we get to hopping... have you checked out the fabulous Brown Thursday sale?! If you're not familiar with this sale, it's the biggest sale of the year over at Unity Stamp Co!! They just released a whole bunch of amazing new stamps and their annual Advent Calendar!! Oh my gosh... you have to check it out, if you haven't yet!

Well, that's it for me this time! I hope you'll try your hand at some handmade gifts. I had so much fun! Please hop along and enjoy some more inspiration from the Friends of Unity... I can't wait to see all the different projects being shared! I'm sure that some of my friends are having a giveaway so be sure to comment as you hop along.


Let's get to the hopping...


Crystal <--- you're here

up next ---> Eileen











Thanks so very much for supporting our little hop!
We appreciate you!!

See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}


21 comments:

  1. I just love the holiday tag so much. It is absolutely one of my favorite images of this year! Your tea holders are beautiful. The patterned paper is amazing and love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bookmarks and tea bags - I can't think of a more cozy combination for a quiet winter afternoon of reading in front of the fireplace! I'm definitely going to have to CASE that teabag holder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making bookmarks, too. Yours is just stunning! I'm a huge fan of coloring on kraft and you do it so well. And the tea bag holders are just fabulous; a wonderful gift (my sister would love that!). I love how you did the sentiments as separate words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag and tea bag holders!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bookmark, wow your coloring is exquisite! When we got married we gave every guest a bookmark ribbon with our date etc. Fast forward 26 years and I am suprised how many still have our ribbon in their bible or favorite book and remember our anniversary. So bookmarks are a wonderful hug! I'm sure this will be a keepsake too, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love this!! Both projects are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous projects! I am SO excited about the tea holders! My homemade holidays theme this year will include teas so this gave me an idea on how to present them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty bookmarks and tea bag holders. I like your coloring and choice of papers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those tea bags are adorable and your coloring amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bookmark design and coloring! Very pretty! And the tea bag holders are awesome! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a tea drinker so the tea bag holders are genius!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your bookmark! I really love its shape! Wow! I can't believe you used so many Copics on it! It's beautiful! Your tea bag holders are so pretty! Lovely gift packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tag and I love those tea bag holders! Great hop as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey your tea bag
    holders are fabulous!
    Be fun to open.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the vintage look of the tag/bookmark on kraft. And I love the tea bag holder idea. Amazing projects! Thanks for the inspiration! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love this idea! I'm going to make some for a tea drinking friend. Thank you for the dimensions. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous bookmark and I love the vintage look! It reminds me of a beautiful book illustration. Those little teabag holders are the sweetest little stocking stuffers, and I may have to borrow your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the tag and the holder for a tea bag! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful hop creations. Enjoyed.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  20. How awesome! Both projects are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.