Saturday, May 1, 2021

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 10 ~ Lift Me Up Birdies ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!

It's time for a new sketch challenge over at the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group and I'm sharing the card I created using the sweet birdies from the Lift Me Up Birdies stamp set and the sentiment from the By Golly Be Jolly stamp set, both from Unity Stamp Co.


I cut my patterned paper layers from the Milk & Cookies paper pad from Doodlebug Design. I chose these first so that I could use colors from the papers to color up these cute birdies! For some reason I thought I saw yellow in these papers when I picked them out, but nope! I stuck with them anyways and still chose to color the birdies yellow. I think they pop on the card though. I pulled the green, pink and turquoise from the papers for their little hats! I knew I wanted them on the side a bit so the sentiment didn't cover that top birdie. So I had a fun idea to cut another piece of 2-5/8 x 4-1/4" white card stock and emboss it with a snowflake embossing folder. I used the Darice snowflake... I don't actually have the official name for it, but you could use any snowflake embossing folder. I die cut that left side of the birdies with a stitched border hillside die and then adhered my layers. To finish off the card I added those cute little Elf Cookie Sprinkles embellishments from Twiddler's Nook. I think they work perfectly with the dots in the papers!


I colored the adorable stack of birdies with the following Copic markers:

Birdies ~ Y00, Y02, Y15, YR15, YR21, YR68
Hats ~ C00, C2, RV10, RV21, R14, YG11, G14, BG0000, BG11, BG23


And finally here's a look at sketch 10... I can't wait to see what you all create with this sketch! Please don't feel limited by the measurements in the sketch. I altered the sketch to make it work for my card by making the focal piece taller for the birdies. I hope the sketch inspires you to pull out some of your holiday stamps and play along!


Well, that's it for me today... I hope you'll join us over in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group and start building your stash of holiday cards along with us!

If you're interested in a bit more inspiration using this fun sketch, head over to the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog... we're sharing a few creations by the {BYSH} Cardmakers team!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.