Monday, May 24, 2021

Stellar Galaxy Birthday ~ Out of This World ~ Polka Dot Orchard

 Hello there crafty friend!

Today is a day of celebration... it's my youngest son's 12th birthday and I thought I'd share the card that I made for him using the Out of This World digi stamp set from Polka Dot Orchard. This fun set is extra special because I designed it from a special illustration that I created for my son's birthday last year. He loved the original design and I think he'll love this one too.


So since I was using a digi stamp I planned out the design in a Word document. I combined and resized all the images, even the sentiment in the same general area. I then print it on copy paper using the Draft print quality so as not to waste a lot of ink to see that the placement of all the images would work for the card design. I had to adjust the images just a smidge, but it looked good. So I copied each of the images and placed them on the same Word document but in the lower portion of the paper so that I would have clean images to color, as well. Now, I knew I was going to make a galaxy background so I did my ink blending before I print my images onto the blended background. I knew the general area of the images thanks to my draft print so on my card stock I blended the Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves, and Black Soot Distress Oxide inks. 


I print my images on the blended background and added some water splatter and some white acrylic paint splatter. I set that aside to dry and did a little coloring on the astronaut, stars and the sentiment.

Astronaut ~ C00, C2, C4, B0000, B000, B00, Colorless Blender
Stars ~ Y02, Y06, Y15, Y35
Sentiment ~ B0000, B000, B00, Colorless Blender


Once my background was dry, I die cut it with an A2 Layers Die from Waffle Flower. I fussy cut each of the stars and the astronaut and cleaned up the edges with a Memento Tuxedo black marker. I then adhered them to the background and trimmed the excess off of the astronaut image. I adhered the background to a black card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". I trimmed the sentiment and mat it with a strip of black card stock and then adhered it to the card front. I think it turned out pretty cute.


Here's a look at the whole digi stamp set... so fun! It's on sale now at Polka Dot Orchard!

That's it for me today!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

1 comment:

  1. Great card Crystal. May is my birthday month too, but I am a LOT older!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.