Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Paper Piecing & Copic Coloring ~ BraeLynn Girl ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back today with a fun new release from Unity Stamp Co. called BraeLynn Girl!! So excited for a new Angie Girl!! I just HAD to do a mix of paper piecing and copic coloring for this card!


I decided to go with a 5 x 5" square card so that I could have the beautiful BraeLynn Girl and the sentiment on the front of the card with some room to spare. I pulled out my favorite vintage papers... the Tattered & Worn papers from The Paper Studio. This is another of those paper packs that I'm trying to finish up and I have a lot of smaller scraps so it was perfect to do some paper piecing.


I copic colored BraeLynn Girl with the following Copic Markers:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11
Hair ~ E21, E23, E25
Hat ~ E41, E43, E81, YR09, YR14, YR20, YR23, YG91, YG95, YG97
Shoes ~ BG70, BG72, BG75
Luggage Hardware ~ N0, N2, N4

Once all those were colored up, I paper pieced the other parts of the image. Fussy cutting each of them and adhered them directly to the image... very similar to paper dolls. I don't do enough paper piecing. I really do love this fun technique.


I fussy cut around BraeLynn Girl leaving a little border of white around her and popped her up on the card. I die cut the sentiment and another piece of patterned paper with a stitched rectangle die. I then cut a wavy border freehand and adhered the layers together. I popped up the sentiment on the card with foam tape. To finish off the card, I added a few drops of Nuvo Black Board Vintage drops and tied a pretty True Black bow of Luxe Satin Ribbon from Papertrey Ink. I wish you could see the shine on the bow... it's so pretty! 

The amazing Birthday Sale continues at Unity Stamp Co!! So many fabulous new releases and over 50% off stamps!!


Thanks for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal 


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.