Thursday, May 27, 2021

Hello Sunshine ~ Pool Hair Days ~ Polka Dot Orchard

 Hey there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing a bit of sunshine with the fun Pool Hair Days digi stamp from Polka Dot Orchard! I am loving this beautiful summer inspired digi stamp set! Paired up with a fun summer color combo and it's perfect!! It doesn't hurt that the Mojo Monday sketch is a fun slimline sketch... I couldn't resist using it!


So fun & cheerful! It just makes me smile to look at it!
I started by preparing my background which is actually the piece I cut off of the full white sheet of card stock when I cut the slimline base of 7 x 8-1/2". I scored the base a 3-1/2" and set it aside. I was left with a 4 x 8-1/2" piece of white card stock to blend my background on. 


I used the Cloud & Wave stencil from Unity Stamp Co. and blended Kitsch Flamingo, Squeezed Lemonade and Spiced Marmalade over the stencil that I had to reposition with each color to cover the whole background piece. The pattern in the waves is repetitive though so it was easy to line up the stencil and blend the next color. I started at the bottom and blended my way up to the top.


Once I was happy with my blending, I set the background aside to dry and print off my digi stamps to color. I combined and resized both images and the sentiment on one Word document. I knew the approximate measurements I wanted to work with since the sketch I used had dimensions listed on it.


All that was left was to color them up with the following Copic markers:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11
Hair ~ E00, E13, E21
Bikini ~ YR12, YR15, YR20
Flip Flop Floatie ~ RV10, RV52, RV63, Y06, Y15, Y35
Pineapple Cup ~ Y06, Y15, Y35, E55
Umbrella ~ Y06, Y18, Y35, RV10, RV52, RV63, YR12, YR15, YR20
Grounding / Outline ~ E33, E37, B0000, B000




Here's a look at the fun Mojo Monday 560 Slimline Edition sketch that I used... isn't it fun?!



And one more look at the card in whole... doesn't it just make you smile?! I love it!


Here's a look at all the fun digi stamps included in the Pool Hair Days digi stamp set!!
Polka Dot Orchard has some great new digi stamps in stock... but they also have over 200 fabulous digi stamps in the shop!! So many fun and fabulous designs to play with! Stop by and check them out!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.