Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas ~ May 2021 Edition ~ The Greeting Farm

 Hello there crafty friend... or should I say crafty elf? 
Haha... I'm so excited today to be guesting with The Crafty Elves! I adore making Christmas cards... which at this point can't be a surprise, and I've truly enjoyed hopping each month with the Crafty Elves. They always share the cutest cards! So I jumped at the chance to join in the fun!



One of the best parts about creating Christmas cards early is actually getting to use the stamps and goodies that you have in your stash. I have been able to use so many neglected Christmas stamps and I'm super excited about my card today because I've had this adorable stamp from The Greeting Farm for quite awhile... I believe it was released during the Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember celebration in 2018 and can you believe this is the first time I've inked it up?! So sad... it's too cute not to see ink!


What do you think? Am I right?! Too cute! And a dream to color and paper piece... which is exactly what I did! I created my background layers with the Doodlebug Design Christmas Town papers. The kraft paper layer is 5-1/4 x 4" and adhered to a white A2 top fold card base. The red paper is 2-3/4 x 3-5/8" with a mat of white card stock measuring 2-7/8 x 3-3/4". The tree paper is 4-1/4 x 2-5/8" with a mat of white card stock measuring 4-3/8 x 2-3/4". The little snow drifts are die cut from the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders dies. I adhered them to the tree paper before adhering it to the white mat. 


I thought that the red hearts paper was perfect to paper piece for the little girls coat and the boys scarf... it goes so nicely with the hearts on the front of her coat. Here's a list of the Copic markers I used to color up these cuties:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11, R00, R20

Girl's Hair ~ Y21, YR12, YR14, E15
Girl's Mittens / Coat / Tights / Hat ~ C00, C2, C4, R14, R27
Girl's Skirt / Shoes ~ N1, N3, N4, N8, R000, R14, R27
Girl's Purse ~ RV0000, RV14, RV52

Boy's Hair ~ B00, N1, N3, N8
Boy's Coat / Hat ~ YG11, G14, G17, C00, C2, C4
Boy's Jeans / Shoes ~ B93, B95, B97, N1, N3, N4, N8


I fussy cut these cuties and cleaned up the edges with a Memento Tuxedo black marker. I then adhered the red paper pieces. To make them level on the card, I added a couple of layers of scrap paper to the back upper portion of their bodies. I trimmed a couple of banner flags and adhered them to the sentiment that I had stamped and punched out with a 1" circle punch. I then adhered the sentiment and the cuties to the card.


I used the fun {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 10 flipped on the side for my card.
I've had so much fun with this sketch!


I hope you've been inspired to get a head start on your holiday cards! Be sure to stop by The Crafty Elves' blogs to see their fantastic creations this month:






Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

10 comments:

  1. This is ADORABLE! I LOVE this pair and your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Pretty coloring and papers, and I love the way you layered everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you got to join the Crafty Elves as a guest!! Love your cute card and your use of sketch 10 from BYSHC!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. I like your coloring and the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just a fun card... the kids are cutie patooties and all the coloring is fantastic. Just a beautiful blend of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally adorable images!! Love the cute design, the Christmas Town paper BG as well as the layers & coloring. Always love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is way TOO cute!! I absolutely love it!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Crystal! I love your card and all the layers to it. These images are too cute! Thanks for joining us this month as our Guest Elf - and at the drop of a hat!! Can't wait to see what you come up with for June.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always inspire me, thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I wish they still made these cuties!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.