Saturday, May 1, 2021

~ Friends of Unity May 2021 Blog Hop ~

 Hello there crafty friend!
Welcome to our May 2021 Friends of Unity Blog Hop!! I can't believe that it's already May!! This year just seems to be zipping by! Our hop this month has a fun cue...


Flora & Fauna... which is basically plants and animals.

I decided to focus mainly on plants. I have been wanting to play with the April 2021 Whit Kit called Kindness is Magic ever since it arrived in the mail and I just haven't had time. But I made time so I could color this one up with Copic markers on Kraft... one of my favorite techniques that I should really do more often. I also used a white Prismacolor pencil to color the white daisies.


I used a wonky square die to die cut the focal image and mat it on Hibiscus Burst and Hawaiian Shores card stock from Papertrey Ink. I then adhered it to a Kraft card base measuring 10 x 5", scored at 5". I used the following Copic markers for this card:

Teapot House ~ RV06, RV17, RV21, B00, BG02, BG05
Plants / Flowers ~ G12, G14, G17, YG03, YG23, YG25, YG95, YG97, Y06, Y15, Y38,
YR15, YR20, YR68, R14, R27, V04, V09
Rocks / Ground ~ W00, W1, W3, W5, N2, N5
Background ~ BG000, BG01


It's Unity's 13th birthday and they're celebrating with a fun release and a big Birthday Sale!! This beautiful flower is a part of the fun new release and it's called You Go Girl by Graciellie Design for Unity! Isn't it beautiful?! I love when Unity releases new gorgeous flower stamps designed by Gracie Chavez... they are always so stunning and so fun to color!


My card is a simple design with the flower and sentiment stamped on a white card front. I die cut it with the In & Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangle dies from My Favorite Things. I added some white acrylic paint splatters and wrapped the two corners with some Ivory burlap string.
I used the following Copic markers for this card:

Flower ~ YR15, YR20, YR21, R22, Y06, Y15, Y35
Leaves ~ YG11, YG17, YG23
Background ~ B0000, B000, B00


My last card was a total experiment! Have you ever ink smooshed with black card stock?! I'm sure it's not a new technique, but I've never tried it for myself and I am in love with the result!! I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio, and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide inks. I started with Peacock Feathers and then did a little Cracked Pistachio, but you really can't see the Cracked Pistachio. I thought maybe the bright Picked Raspberry would work well and in real life you can see it pretty well, but it doesn't show too well in the photo. Now the gorgeous stamp on this card is the stunning new May 2021 Uniquely Unity member kit called Strive to Be... isn't it wonderful?! I love it!


I wanted a delicate light flower to contrast the dark background so I did very light coloring with a few pink Copic markers. I still had the white acrylic paint out so I also threw on some more splatter. The flowers and the sentiment are popped up on the card with foam squares. I used the following Copic markers for this card:

Flowers ~RV10, RV14, RV52, Y06, Y15 
Leaves ~ YG11, YG23

Well, that's it for my cards this month... before you head off to the next person in the hop I need to announce my winner from last month's hop.



Congratulations Denise Bryant!!
Congratulations Denise!!!! Please email me at crystalominkler@gmail.com to claim your prize. 
Prize must be claimed within two weeks. 


Please hop along and enjoy some more inspiration from the Friends of Unity. I'm sure that some of my friends are having a giveaway so be sure to comment as you hop along.


Let's get to the hopping...


Crystal <--- you're here

up next ---> Dawn B. 













Thanks so very much for supporting our little hop!
We appreciate you!!

See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}


21 comments:

  1. All the cards are awesome. I just love the last one. It is stunning with the distress oxide ink smooshed on black cardstock. And the image is just gorgeous! I can't wait to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely cards
    with the flowers!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa!! Amazing cards!!
    I am just loving all your cards on kraft paper colored with Copics!! I am definitely inspired today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I think my favorite is the last card too, the contrast is striking.... besides I enjoy a great schmoosh! But that is a close 1st to the 1st ard. I love the vintage colors on Kraft. Beautiful! Happy Birthday Unity, I'll have to pop over there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cards for the hop, I always look forward to all the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Flora & Fauna cards! The teapot house is just so sweet! Beautiful coloring on these images!
    Happy to be your winner from the last hop! I will email you with my info!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards, Crystal. The first one is my favorite; I love the coloring on kraft. At first, I thought it was all pencil coloring - until I read the post. And the dark BG against the color is always stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always create beautiful cards using Unity. Love the one using the Whit kit. Maybe one day I'll be able to afford to get.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crystal all of your cards are so lovely but that last one is striking!!!!! WOWZA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the cards are gorgeous, but I am particularly fond of the last one

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now you have me thinking! I have not considered using Copics on kraft paper or ink smooshing on black paper. All 3 of your cards are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, these cards are all gorgeous. I love the touches of white with color pencil and splatters. Will also have to give that ink smooshing on dark card stock a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are just all so amazing. WOW, I love each one and they are all so different.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vannessa OsbournMay 3, 2021 at 9:43 PM

    Lovely cards but I especially love the last floral with the pinkish centers!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome cards...but that last one - wowzer - stunning! I will have to remember to give ink smooshing on black paper a try because that looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your cards they are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cards are always amazing, and I agree that the ink smooshing on dark paper is really striking. I love the contrast between the light colored flowers and the background.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful coloring on your cards and congrats to Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  19. All beautiful cards - I am extra partial to the little teapot from the Whit Kit - sure wish I could get that up here in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous cards! I love the coloring on kraft, I should do that more often too. Just gorgeous. Your blooms and coloring are amazing. And that black background with pops of color is stunning. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.