Friday, May 7, 2021

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 10 ~ Elsa Girl ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with my weekly Christmas card for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 10 and this time I'm featuring a beautiful Angie Girl from Unity Stamp Co. called Elsa Girl. One of the first things that drew me to Unity stamps is their line of fabulous Angie Girls! I've collected so many of them and sadly a lot of them still have not seen ink. Today I'm inking one of those stamps up! Woohoo!


Isn't she just beautiful?! I had an absolute blast coloring and paper piecing her. I'm still working to use up some of my Christmas papers... making room for new!! So I decided to also use patterned paper as the base for the girl rather than just a white background or even coloring a scene. I think the papers actually create a great background to showcase her. I really love how this card turned out! The papers are the Deck the Halls paper pad from Echo Park Paper. I die cut the little stitched hillside border to ground the image and then fussy cut her and popped her up on the card with foam squares.


Using the same paper for her sweater and the background helps to bring the eye to the center of the card. I added a touch of copic marker to her sweater, as well. I used the following Copic markers to color up Elsa Girl:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11
Hair ~ E21, E25, E29
Shirts ~ C00, C2, BG11, BG32
Jeans ~ B91, B95, B97, B99
Socks ~ BG0000, BG11, BG32
Boots ~C00, C2, C3, C5
Hat / Bracelet ~ C00, C2, R000, R14, R27, BG11, BG32


The sentiment is from the Cuddlebug Frog stamp set... I wanted a short sentiment and this one was perfect! I stamped it on the little strip of patterned paper from the same paper pad with Wow Clear Embossing ink and then melted some Alabaster White Embossing powder from Brutus Monroe. I trimmed up the sentiment and another little flag and adhered them to the card... done!


Here's another look at {BYSHC} Sketch 10... I sure hope that you're inspired to pull out your holiday stamps and papers and get a jump on your holiday cards!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! I love this stamp. The paper piecing is perfect.

    Cheryl (SheStamps)
    Visit my blog - She Stamps

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.