Monday, July 26, 2021

Membership Monday ~ July 2021 KOM Special Spot in my Heart ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!

I'm back with not one, but TWO fun mini slimline cards using the fantastic July 2021 KOM called Special Spot in my Heart from Unity Stamp Co!! I have been getting the Kit of the Month membership for quite awhile now and I adore the amazing stamps I receive each month! It's like Christmas each month... speaking of, if you're visiting my blog and looking for my Christmas in July card for today you can find that blog post here ---> Sweater Weather card. Now, let's check out my KOM cards...


My first card is Fall inspired... I don't know about you, but I can't wait for cooler weather! This is a very simple one layer card using the beautiful tree from the KOM. I stamped it and the big hello stamp on a piece of white card stock. I colored the scene with the following Copic markers:

Tree ~ E25, E55, E79
Leaves ~ E51, E55, R00, R14, R89, YR15, YR21, Y06, Y35
Grass ~ YG63, YG67, YG91
Sky ~ T1, B0000, B00


I used the Wonky Stitched Mini Slimline die from Gina Marie Designs to die cut the image and adhered it to a Kraft mini slimline card base measuring 7 x 6-1/2", scored at 3-1/2". I think I'll send this one to a friend just to say hello.


My second card was a lot of fun to create... I love to read and this image and sentiment just speak to me. I stamped them both on white card stock and die cut it with the Scalloped Stitched Mini Slimline die from Gina Marie Designs. I colored the stamped image with the following Copic markers:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11
Hair ~ E08, E18, YR21
Clothes ~ BG10, BG23, C00, C1, C2
Books ~ C00, C2, E21, E23, YR30, YR31, R14, R37, B91, B95, G24, G43


I didn't think to pick out my pattern paper before I started coloring so I had to go looking and after awhile I decided to go with some Art-C papers that I've had for a while... they don't have a name but they're like notebook and graph paper. I found a couple scraps already cut that worked perfectly.


I adhered the off white papers onto the blue papers and then roughed up the edges with a distress tool. I adhered the scalloped layer to the pattern paper layer and then adhered the entire panel to a white mini slimline card base measuring 7 x 6-1/2", scored at 3-1/2". I added a few Snowy Mountain enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs to finish off this card. 


Here's a look at the beautiful July 2021 KOM! I just love those beautiful flowers in the jar... so pretty! I hope you've been inspired to pull out your Kit of the Month and get inky! I'll see you next Monday with another card for Membership Monday!



Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.