Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Christmas in July 2021 {BYSHC} Hop ~ Joy of the Season ~ Gina K. Designs

 Hello there crafty friend!
We're well passed halfway through our Christmas in July 2021 {BYSHC} Hop and I am loving all the fabulous inspiration being shared! I hope you've checked out the hop even if you aren't able to play along with us. So many wonderful cards and tags being shared! Today I have a card featuring a wonderful exclusive stamp set that I was fortunate to get my hands on during the STAMPtember celebration in 2018 and sadly this is the first time that I've inked it up! Isn't it sad how that happens?!


This gorgeous tree silhouette is from the Joy of the Season STAMPtember stamp set from Simon Says Stamp and New Sponsor Gina K. Designs. I just HAD to do a beautiful galaxy like background for the trees... almost like a Northern Lights background too. I used Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide inks... I did a mix of ink smooshing and ink blending over the Alabaster White embossed trees and wiped the ink off the trees with an old t-shirt I use to clean off my blending brushes. I also blended the same three inks on a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" piece of white card stock.


I die cut the tree layer with a stitched rectangle die and then I placed the tree layer over the background layer and did some white acrylic paint splatter. I set the layers aside to dry and heat embossed the sentiment with Sponsor Brutus Monroe Alabaster White embossing powder on some vellum card stock. Once the layers were both dry, I added a bit of PLUS Vellum Tape to the back of the sentiment and then wrapped the vellum strip around the back of the tree layer. I then adhered the tree layer to a white mat measuring 4-5/8 x 3-3/8". I trimmed my back layer to 5-1/4 x 4" and adhered it to a white A2 card base. I adhered the tree layer to the background on the card base and added a couple white enamel dots from Sponsor Gina Marie Designs. I am so glad I finally inked up this amazing stamp set! I need to use more of the gorgeous stamps in the set!


I'm entering my card in the Monthly Mix Challenge over at Gina K Designs!! This month's challenge is a Christmas in July challenge... so fitting!! 


I'm having a giveaway during the hop... to enter you just need to comment on my blog posts each day during the hop! Each comment {one per blog post, please} will get your name in a hat and my daughter will pick a winner. The winner will be announced here on my blog Sunday, August 1st.
 To see the prize package I'm giving away, check out my blog post ---> here.



Be sure to check out the Christmas in July 2021 {BYSHC} Hop over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog... and come join us in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers group on Facebook! So many lovely holiday cards being shared in our group, as well!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

11 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous background Crystal! I love how you used the same one for both layers. And those trees! Why did you wait to ink those up? They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal, This is a beautiful card. I really love the sense of serenity you created and how you used the vellum. Thank you for the inspiration.

    Cheryl (SheStamps)
    Visit my blog - She Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your use of the vellum, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those pretty trees and the galaxy background! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Beautiful! Wonderful background. I love that you used vellum..
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a GORGEOUS Christmas card! Thank you so much for playing along with this months Monthly Mix Challenge over at Gina K. Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous! What an amazing card! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.