Friday, March 12, 2021

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge #8 ~ Poinsettia Wishes ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with another Christmas card... keeping to my goal of at least one per week! Woohoo! My stash is growing! Today, I'm sharing a card using a sweet Itty Bitty stamp from Unity Stamp Co. called Poinsettia Wishes. The Itty Bitty line of stamps from Unity are actually perfect for this sketch because most of them have an image and a sentiment included in the set. I decided to use this one because I adore poinsettias for Christmas.


And I paired this pretty stamp with the beautiful Rustic Wishes papers also from Unity Stamp Co. I chose to just mat the circles and the papers with True Black card stock from Papertrey Ink... just keeping the design simple here and letting the pretty paper and this stamp shine!


I stamped both images with Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored in the poinsettia and holly cluster with the following Copic markers ~ R000, R14, R27, Y11, Y17, YG11, YG17, G14, G46, C00, and C2.
I die cut the sentiment and colored image with circle dies, mat them on slightly larger True Black mats and then trimmed off the one edge. I flipped the sketch for this one covering mostly white space on the patterned paper and adhered the circles. To finish it off I added a few black enamel dots. This was actually a pretty quick card with the coloring taking up most of my time. I love when cards are quick!


Here's another look at the March sketch... there's still lots of time to play along with the sketch challenge in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group! Come join us and start building your stash of holiday cards.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card Crystal, it's a good sketch too, I may have to use this one

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.