Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Beautiful Things Change ~ A Simple Scene ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!

I have one more card to share using the Beautiful Things Change stamp set from Unity Stamp Co. A simple scene that I created using the tree stamps in the stamp set and a stencil.


I stamped one of the trees horizontally with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink to create my pond and then stamped my tree trunk with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink. I then inked up another tree with Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide ink and dabbed a bit of the ink off with my Stamp Scrubbie to give the tree a bit of texture. I stamped the tree over the tree trunk. To complete my scene I added a few clouds by blending some Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink over the Cloud & Wave stencil from Unity. I tore a scrap piece of card stock as my grass stencil and blended some Shabby Shutters and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide inks over that homemade stencil and around the pond being careful to not go over the pond too much.


I stamped the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo black ink and then decided that the pond and tree needed a bit more texture so I squeezed my Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide ink pad to get some ink in the lid of the pad. I then pulled some of that ink with my water pen and painted a bit more in the tree. Now because this is oxide ink and I'm using a watercolor pen this gives the tree a bit more texture. I used Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink to give more depth and texture to the pond. I trimmed down the panel to 3-1/2 x 4-1/2" and mat it with a 3-5/8 x 4-5/8" piece of kraft card stock. I adhered it to a white A2 top-fold card base and finished off the card with a couple brown enamel dots. 
I just love how this turned out! I hope you do too!

Go check out the new release over at Unity
They also have a fabulous sale going on but it ends today so hurry!!


 Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

4 comments:

  1. This is so cool Crystal. I love how you added the texture. This tree would also look good horizontally as a shadow on a sunny scene, wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Robin! Yes, I think you are so right!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.