Tuesday, March 30, 2021

March 2021 Whit Kit ~ Nuvo Shimmer Powder Background ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!

I finally had a chance to open up my March 2021 Whit Kit from Unity Stamp Co. and had a whole lot of fun whipping up some cards to share. Today, I'm sharing a few different projects I made... the first two are cards I made from one backgrounds I created using the gorgeous Nuvo Shimmer powders included in the kit.


My first card... I'll admit this one didn't turn out as I envisioned, BUT it's still pretty and the shimmer in the flowers is amazing! I think it could use some burlap string or maybe enamel dots. What do you think? I wanted to keep it CAS but maybe it's too CAS.


I fussy cut the stamped floral and touched up the edges with a black Stabilo fine pen. I die cut the Golden Marble papers with a Blueprints #1 die from My Favorite Things and then I stamped the sentiment with Ranger Archival Jet Black ink. I adhered the scallop die cut paper to an A2 top fold Kraft card base and then adhered the floral to the card.


I was careful to save as much of the background as possible when fussy cutting the floral because I knew I wanted to use it for another card. I struggled with the design for this one though but I really love how it turned out! I knew I wanted to make a mini slimline... I have mentioned they are addicting, right? Well, I wasn't kidding! 


I cut a piece of the Golden Marble paper to 2-7/8 x 5-3/8" and mat it on Hawaiian Shores card stock from Papertrey Ink. I stamped the leaf image once with Hawaiian Shores ink and then here and there with a little Classic Kraft ink. I stamped the sentiment in the same way and then adhered the panel to a kraft mini slimline card front measuring 3-1/2 x 6". And then adhered the entire piece to a white mini slimline card base measuring 7 x 6", scored at 3-1/2".


I die cut the background piece with one of the Mixed Media dies from Tim Holtz and used a Stitched Basic Edges die from My Favorite Things for the side. I trimmed the left side so that it fit right over the panel on the card base. I added some gold metallic thread and a wood heart piece from one of the older Whit Kits. I used Ranger Multi Media Matte to adhere the heart down over the thread.
I just love how that background turned out! You can check out the short video I made where I share the kit, make the background for these cards, and I also share the cards... Nuvo Shimmer Powder Background | March 2021 Whit Kit.





A bonus bookmark! I thought the pretty Golden Marble papers would be nice for a bookmark that I could send to a friend or maybe one of my nieces. I die cut the patterned paper with the Basic Bookmark 3 die from Papertrey Ink. I then die cut another bookmark from the Hawaiian Shores card stock. I stamped the leaf image with the Hawaiian Shores ink and then little touches of the Classic Kraft ink... just like I did for the mini slimline card. I stamped the sentiment on Hawaiian Shores card stock with Wow Clear Embossing ink and melted some Alabaster White embossing powder from Brutus Monroe. I fussy cut around the sentiment and then adhered it to the bookmark.


I adhered the bookmarks together giving it a clean look on both sides and then added some Hawaiian Shores Topnotch Twill tape ribbon from Papertrey Ink with some Tip Top Taupe Dotted Lace Trim from Stampin Up! I then tied those off with a little Natural Burlap string that I got from Unity.



A look at the March 2021 Whit Kit... another fabulous kit!

Well, that's it for today. I will be back tomorrow with a couple more cards using the March 2021 Whit Kit! I hope you'll stop by to check them out!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

8 comments:

  1. These are all so beautiful! I need that stitched edges die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction...I need the mixed media die from Tim Holtz! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards and I love the bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't played with this Whit kit, but I love what you have done with it!!! I also love the look of that mixed media die and the die you used for the bookmark. Great projects:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so pretty but I love the piece that you made out of the shimmer powders and die cut with the TH die. It's so beautiful ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards and tag. Thanks for the video showing your technique. I'm interested in the Whit Kit. Hope I can find some info about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.