Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Shifter Hex Stencil Background | Gonna Bee Here Gnome | Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!

I'm back with another fun gnome card... this cutie is a new release at Unity Stamp Co. this week!! I couldn't BEE  more excited to share this fun card I created using the adorable Gonna Bee Here stamp set.


I created the background using Squeezed Lemonade and Wild Honey Distress Oxide inks over the Hex Shifter Stencil by Tim Holtz. I added a bit of black acrylic paint splatter with just a touch of shimmer by also adding a drop of Liquid Pixie Dust to the paint.


I dried the background and trimmed it down to 4 x 5-1/4". I mat it on a card front of Black Licorice card stock from Lawn Fawn measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" and then adhered it to a white A2 top fold card base.


I colored up this cutie with the following Copic markers:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11
Beard ~C00, C2, C3
Shoes ~ N2, N6, N10
Wings ~ B0000, B00, R27
Honey ~ Y11, Y15, Y38
Hive ~ E21, E23, E27
Bees ~ N2, N6, N10, B0000, B00, Y06, Y11
Honey Pot ~ BG10, BG15, BG57, B06, B99
Ground/Outline ~ E23, E25, N0, N2


I die cut the cute bee gnome with a Stitched Tag Corner Square STAX die from My Favorite Things. I added a bit of shimmer to the wings of the gnome and the bees with a Nuvo Glitter Gloss Aqua pen. I then trimmed off the right edge of the die cut piece and adhered it to the card. I mat the sentiment on black card stock, trimmed it and then adhered it to the card. To finish of the card, I added a couple enamel dots.
 
I have a video sharing how I created the background and finished up the card. You can check that out here... Shifter Hex Stenciled Background | Bee Gnome.




Isn't that sentiment just perfect?! I just love how this turned out... I hope you like it too!
Be sure to stop by Unity Stamp Co. to check out all the fabulous new releases and of course, there's a sale!! Gotta love a sale!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.