Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Large Terrarium Tag ~ February 2021 Whit Kit ~ Unity Stamp Co.

  Hello there crafty friend!

I'm back with another project using the wonderful February 2021 Whit Kit called Small Steps are Progress... this time I've created a large tag. I had hoped to share this last week but I've had technical difficulties with the video for this one and it's delayed me in sharing. I'm going to share a bit more about my process here on my blog... let's get to it, shall we?!


I created this tag by cutting two pieces of kraft card stock both measuring 4 x 7". I measured 1" off of the top corners and cut that diagonally to create my tag shape. I trimmed my patterned papers from the Whit Kit - the pink leaves papers measures 2 x 5-5/8" and the green leaves papers measure 3-3/4 x 5-5/8" I then die cut the green leaves paper with a stitched scallop border die. I adhered the two patterned papers together and then distressed the top and bottom edges with a Tim Holtz distressing tool. I adhered a 1/8" strip of Rose Gold Kraft Stock to the top and bottom portion of the tag and then adhered the patterned papers to the tag. I wrapped the entire tag a few times with Ivory Burlap string and then adhered the two tags together. 


I stamped a bunch of the succulents from the Small Steps Are Progress stamp set and die cut them with the coordinating dies from the kit. I die cut the terrarium as well from the Rose Gold Kraft Stock. I traced the shape of the terrarium onto some vellum card stock and fussy cut it. I adhered the succulents and pebbles to the vellum terrarium base and then adhered the rose gold terrarium piece over top. I trimmed off the excess pebbles that stuck out of the bottom of the terrarium. I set that aside and stamped the sentiment with Wow Clear Embossing Ink on kraft card stock and then heat embossed some Alabaster White embossing powder with a mini Wagner heat tool. I trimmed the sentiment and adhered the right side to the terrarium with a little liquid glue. I then popped up both pieces with foam tape being sure to avoid the open areas of the vellum.


I added a tiny bow to the top of the terrarium and also added some ribbons from my stash to the tag. I really wish that I had the entire video to share with you all but the only portion I was able to use was the Two-Tone Stamping for the succulents. You can check that out here... Two-Tone Stamping | Large Tag.





I sure hope that you're inspired to play with your February Whit Kit and maybe even make a large tag.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.