Wednesday, March 31, 2021

March 2021 Whit Kit ~ Nuvo Shimmer Powder 2-Ways ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!

As promised yesterday, I am back with a couple more cards using the beautiful March 2021 Whit Kit Wayward Florals from Unity Stamp Co. I used the pretty shimmer powders included in the kit in two different ways for two similar, but different birthday cards.


For the first card, I used the Atlantis Burst and Golden Sparkler shimmer powders to watercolor the floral and then watercolored around the image with a yellow Zig Clean Color Real Brush marker.


I die cut both of the cards with a large stitched rectangle die after they were completely dry. I then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on black card stock and adhered it to the cards.


For the second card, I added some shimmer powder to the dry card and then spritzed it with lots of water. I got a nice layer of color all over the entire card and then dabbed it with a paper towel. I was then able to tape it to my glass mat and add even more shimmer powder and water to darken the colors.


I dried this one a bit with my Mini Wagner heat tool, but I did let it dry overnight before die cutting it and adhering the sentiment. I have a video sharing my process for both of these cards. You can check that out here... Nuvo Shimmer Powder 2-Ways | March 2021 Whit Kit.




Here's a look at the entire March 2021 Whit Kit... isn't it fabulous?!
If you have the kit, I'd love to see what you've created with it... be sure to share in the Unity {show & tell} Facebook group. If you don't have the kit, check it out on the Unity Stamp Co. website! Today is the last day to sign up and receive this kit!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the video, new ways to use the powders - I got my Whit Kit a few weeks ago, but have not yet used it maybe I will give it a try now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking out my video and for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Nice cards, especially liked the second on with more color. I enjoyed your video. Thanks!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creations, love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Decided to try the shimmer powders, they are as shimmery as the name says. I was thinking about all the ways to mix it in water and use like water color. The blue one I am planning to use for a water scene. Thinking it would look like the shimmer of the sun reflection on the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it turns out lovely! I hope you share in the Unity Show & Tell group!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.