Thursday, April 1, 2021

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge #9 ~ Mittens in Winter ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!

It's time for a new sketch challenge over at the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group and I'm sharing the card I created using the sweet penguin from the Mittens in Winter stamp set along with the Winter Wishes sentiment from the Stay Warm stamp set... both from Unity Stamp Co.



Oh my goodness... isn't that little penguin just too stinkin' cute?! I have had this stamp for quite some time now and I think this may be the first time that I've inked it up! I have to say, inking up all these neglected stamps has really been a surprise benefit to making a Christmas card a week.


I colored the adorable penguin with the following Copic markers:

Penguin ~ W00, W2, YR15, YR68, N1, N3, N6
Hearts ~ R14, R21, R27
Hat / Mittens ~ RV21, RV23, C00, C2, B0000, B00
Sky ~ B0000, B00
Snow ~ BG0000, BG000


And finally here's a look at sketch #9... I can't wait to see what you all create with this sketch! Please don't feel limited by the measurements in the sketch. I actually didn't use them for my card since the penguin was a little big and I changed up the sentiment a bit too by adding string. I hope the sketch inspires you to pull out some of your neglected holiday stamps and play along!


Oh, I almost forgot to mention the papers I used for this card. I used the cute Christmas Town papers by Doodlebug Designs and mat them with Hibiscus Burst card stock from Papertrey Ink. The card base is Kraft card stock, also from Papertrey Ink. And that fun string is the Ivory Burlap string that I got at Unity Stamp Co. but it looks like it's out of stock again.


Well, that's it for me today... since the start of the April sketch has landed on a Thursday, I won't be back tomorrow with another Christmas card. I will be back next Friday, April 9th with a fun Christmas card and I hope you'll stop by to visit. And I invite you to join us over in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group and start building your stash of holiday cards along with us!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.