Friday, April 2, 2021

Quick Easter Card ~ Purr-fectly Lovely Easter ~ Polka Dot Orchard

 Hello there crafty friend!

Do you have all your Easter cards done? Well... I thought I did, but I found myself in need of a couple more cards. Digi stamps to the rescue!! I found this cutie pie Easter kitty in my files of Polka Dot Orchard digi stamps and knew that I could make a quick mini slimline card pretty quick! 


I resized the kitty from the Purr-fectly Lovely Easter digi set to 2.27 x 5" in a Word document and then inserted the sentiment and resized it to 0.29 x 2.5". Typically when I resize digis I pick the main size I want to focus on... for instance, I knew I wanted to make a mini slimline and have the focus be the cat so I set the height to 5" and the width was automatically adjusted within the program. I hope that makes sense... if you have any questions about working with digi stamps, feel free to ask below in the comments. I'm happy to help!


I printed the digis on a 110lb white card stock... I use Georgia-Pacific Premium card stock. No particular reason except it works well with my printer. I then colored up the kitty with the following Copic markers:

Kitty ~ N0, N1, N3, N6, C00, C2, R20, RV10, YG11, YG25
Bunny Ears ~ R20, R32, RV10
Grass ~ YG11, YG17, YG25, N1, N3
Sky ~ B000, B00 


Since I was going for quick and easy I trimmed the colored panel to 2-7/8 x 5-1/2" and I adhered it to a piece of pretty plaid patterned paper {say that four times fast! lol} rightfully named Perfectly Plaid Spring paper pack by Lawn Fawn measuring 3-3/8 x 5-7/8". For the base, I cut a kraft card stock base to 7 x 6" and scored it at 3-1/2". To finish off the card I added a few pretty enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs. Done! And I think it turned out pretty cute. 

Stop by Polka Dot Orchard and check out their Easter digi stamps!! They are perfect for those last minute cards! I'll be back on Sunday with another cute last minute Easter card.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.