Friday, April 9, 2021

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge #9 ~ Sugar Cookie Christmas ~ Prima Marketing

Hello there crafty friend!

Happy Friday!! I am back with my weekly Christmas card and this time I'm using some sweet Vintage style ephemera and papers from Prima Marketing!! My go-to item for any card that I need in a hurry is ephemera... and I couldn't resist the gorgeous Sugar Cookie Christmas collection from Prima Marketing. The soft pinks and blues and those fabulous vintage images... oh my heart!!


Isn't this just precious?! I chose the papers first with the sketch in mind, of course, and then I had to decide which ephemera pieces to use. The 'acme soap' piece was perfect for the slanted focal piece and that deer was an obvious choice since I already had this paper picked out!


I did end up switching around the background papers though. I originally had the deer paper under the focal piece, but you couldn't see any of the deer so I flipped the double sided papers and voila! Love it! I mat the 'acme soap' ephemera piece and the delicate leaves paper with Sweet Blush card stock from Papertrey Ink... coordinates perfectly!! I adhered the mat layers together and then wrapped it with the beautiful Tinsel Trim just taping the ends to the back of the card stock. I added a gorgeous Say It In Crystals embellishment with just a little Ranger Multi Media Matte to help it stick over the Tinsel Trim and then added two more near the top. I popped up the deer ephemera with foam squares. I cut a diagonal on the left side of the Merry Christmas sentiment and added a couple layers of scrap card stock to the bottom portion behind the sentiment so it'll sit flat on the card. All done! I love it!

Here's another look at the fun {BYSHC} Sketch 9. I'll be back next week with another Christmas card using this fun sketch! I hope you'll come check it out.

Speaking of checking things out, drop by the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog... we're featuring a mix of creations shared by the {BYSH} Cardmakers team and a fun card randomly chosen from the challenge entries in the {BYSH} Cardmakers Facebook group.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.