Friday, April 23, 2021

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge #9 ~ Spring into Christmas 2021 {BYSHC} Hop!!

Hello there crafty friend!
Welcome to the first day of the Spring into Christmas 2021 {BYSHC} Hop! It's a full week of inspiration, fun, and prizes!! I hope you'll join us and play along... let's work on building our stash of Holiday cards all year long!! Check out the {BYSH} Cardmakers Blog for details and to link up!


Today I'm sharing a fun shaker card using products from four different Sponsors of our fabulous hop!! Woohoo!! The sweet Merry Girl stamp illustrated by Sponsor Angie Blom Digital Design is from Sponsor Unity Stamp Co. I did a mix of copic coloring and paper piecing and then fussy cut her out. I used the following Copic markers to color:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11
Hair ~ E21, E23, E27
Hat / Coat / Scarf ~ C00, C2, RV10, RV11, R11
Shirt / Mittens ~ YG03, G94, Colorless Blender
Boots ~ W00, W3, W5
Pants ~ E21, E23 
Cup ~ C00, C2, R22, W00, W5
Candy Cane ~ C00, C2, RV10, RV11
Gifts ~ R14, R22, RV11
Gift Bags ~ R11, R14, R22, YG03, G94 


I still had the Sugar Cookie Christmas papers from Prima Marketing out and I thought they would work really nicely with the fun Frosty Flakes Embellishment Mix from Sponsor Twiddler's Nook. So, of course, I just HAD to make a shaker card with those cute flakes!


I made the shaker element with a 3-1/4 x 4-1/4" piece of the Sugar Cookie Christmas paper. I die cut a frame from white card stock with the Scalloped Stitched Rectangles Frame from Sponsor Gina Marie Designs and adhered a 3 x 4" piece of Clear card stock to the back of the frame. I then used some foam adhesive strips to raise the shaker frame... I added some of the Frosty Flakes embellishment mix to the pretty paper and then adhered the shaker frame over top.


Here's a look at the current April sketch... Sketch #9. I decided to flip the sketch for my shaker card so Merry Girl wouldn't cover up Santa and his sleigh in the pretty Christmas papers. Join us in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group and play along! You could even play along with the sketch and the hop!! How fun!?


Well, that's my first card for the hop! I sure hope that you like it!
Come back tomorrow to see another fun Christmas card featuring more fabulous products from Sponsor Gina Marie Designs! You won't want to miss this one... it just may turn you green!!


Be sure to check out the Spring into Christmas 2021 {BYSHC} Hop over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog... let's really build our stash of holiday cards this week!!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

17 comments:

  1. Awesome card! I love the colors and your papers!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card deserves a picture frame <3 Everything about it reminds me of the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the Spring into Christmas 2021 {BYSHC} Hop!
    I love your project for the hop! The nontraditional colors are beautiful. Thank you for the inspiration.

    Cheryl (SheStamps)
    Visit my blog - She Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  4. So soft and beautiful. Love the shaker element too! Just lovely. Thanks for all you do and for all your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the image and colors! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card!! I love the pretty image of the girl and teh shaker detail.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fabulous card and I love your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.