Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Spring into Christmas {BYSHC} Hop ~ Magic of Christmas ~ Polka Dot Orchard

 Hello there crafty friend!

Today I am sharing another Christmas card using the Magic of Christmas digi stamp from Sponsor Polka Dot Orchard for the Spring into Christmas 2021 {BYSHC} Hop!! This digi stamp has a special place in my heart as it's the first ever digi stamp that I illustrated for Polka Dot Orchard. I just love it!


I wanted the digis to be the focal piece of this whole card so I made them pretty big. The hat was actually print separately from the boots. I colored the images and fussy cut the hat and then trimmed off a bit of the bottom so it would look like the hat was sitting right on the boots. I think it turned out pretty good. Here's a list of the Copic markers I used to color these up:

Hat ~ R000, R14, R27, C00, C2
Boots ~ N0, N2, N4, N6, C00, C2, Y15, Y28
Ground / Background ~ N2, N4, E0000, E00, E30


I die cut the boots with the Big & Little Chain Rectangle dies from Sponsor Gina Marie Designs. I mat the die cut panel on a 3-3/4 x 5" piece of Kraft card stock. I trimmed the sentiment and mat it to fit just inside of the die piercing... it's measures 3-3/16 x 5/8" with a 3-5/16 x 3/4" Kraft mat.


The papers in the background are from the My Favorite Christmas paper pad by Echo Park Paper. I think they work just perfectly with this sweet image. To finish off this card I added a little holly die cut that I had in my stash from a previous project. The dies I used are from the Wreath die set by Gina Marie Designs but it looks like that die has been replaced with a new Wreath die set.


That's it for me today! Go check out the fabulous sale over at Polka Dot Orchard... so many wonderful digital stamps!! Polka Dot Orchard also has fantastic stencils in different sizes AND some really cool laser engraved wood ornaments!! 

Have you hopped over to the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog to check out all the amazing inspiration being shared?! So much fab inspiration!! I hope you'll join us in building our stash of holiday cards!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

6 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the Spring into Christmas 2021 {BYSHC} Hop!
    I love your project for the hop! I really love this card. YOu colored the image beautifully. Thank you for the inspiration

    Cheryl (SheStamps)
    Visit my blog - She Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you colored the image, and the background paper is adorable! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just an awesome card! I LOVE this digi set, it's just fabulous! You should be very proud! And your coloring is amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.