Monday, October 17, 2022

Membership Monday ~ October 2022 BOM Santa Express ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing some inspiration for the amazing October 2022 Background of the Month from Unity Stamp Co. called Santa Express! This background is so amazing! I love the beautiful mix of images and really just wanted to showcase them as a whole for my card!


So I was thinking a pocket would be a fun way to showcase the background without covering it up too much. Of course, I did put that big bow on it but it doesn't cover it up too much. I stamped the background twice on Kraft card stock with Sugar Cube Pigment ink from Taylored Expressions. I covered the background with Alabaster White embossing powder tapping off the excess into a coffee filter. I melted the ep with my Wagner Precision Heat Tool.


Here's the stamp all inked up... look at all the detail!! Love love love it!


A bit of ink smooshing for both backgrounds with Candied Apple and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide inks. I didn't want to cover the backgrounds completely... letting some the Kraft show. I die cut both backgrounds with the largest die from the Postage Stamp {nesting dies} from Unity. I distressed the edges of both backgrounds with Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso Distress Ink.


I tore off the top of one of the backgrounds and distressed the torn edge as well. I used iCraft Easy-Tear Tape to adhere the sides and bottom of the top background piece to the other background piece creating my pocket. I wrapped the pocket with Cherry Cobbler Sheer Linen Ribbon from Stampin' Up and tied a pretty bow.


I adhered the background to a Kraft A2 top fold card base using liquid glue. I then stamped the sentiment with Black Amalgam ink from Gina K Designs. I trimmed it and distressed the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink leaving some white in the center. I adhered it directly to the card... I considered popping it up with foam tape but the ribbon is enough bulk on here I think. The pocket is great for gift cards, a bookmark, or even just a note. I really love how this turned out!


Such an amazing new background stamp! You can check out the Background of the Month membership over at Unity Stamp Co. I'll be back next Monday with more inspiration for the beautiful Kit of the Month!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.