Friday, October 7, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 27 ~ Easy Cut Apart Cards ~ Simple Stories

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with my weekly Christmas card for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 27 but today I'm actually sharing four cards!! So you know how some paper pads have cut aparts in them... well, I remembered I had a beautiful paper pad from Simple Stories called Simple Vintage Country Christmas with these beautiful cut apart papers. I actually thought about finishing up as much of the paper pad as I could since I had twelve cut aparts left, but I ran out of time so we just have the four. These were so easy with this sketch!


It's just a matter of mixing and matching pattern papers. I like to lay them out on my desk and just start laying them on top of each other to see which ones work well together. 


The red text paper is a lovely contrast to the plaid and the diagonal stripes has both colors so it ties it all together with the cut apart. I finished off this card with a couple Christmas Mirrored Metallic enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs.


This card has a similar bottom layer with the polka dots and the plaid papers contrasting well. I liked the lighter holly paper to break up the polka dots and then the solid red on the cut apart is another nice contrast. 


I added a couple banners using scraps from the paper pad and a couple red enamel dots from the Merry & Bright Clear Christmas enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs.


Poinsettias are my favorite flowers for Christmas so I just had to use the poinsettia cut apart and it only made sense to use the poinsettia paper, as well.


The green of the cut apart helps to make this layer pop on the lighter polka dot papers and the gingham papers. I added a couple banners to this card too and the green enamel dots are from the Pine Branch Clear with Color enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs.


I also added some glitter to the poinsettia... you can see it a little bit in this photo. I used a Nuvo Glitter Gloss Aqua Shimmer pen.


For my last card I went with the gorgeous aqua papers... I love these papers! They were the whole reason I bought this paper pad. LOL! I paired up as much of them as I could for this card and added the green paper for a nice contrast.


A little red banner for this one to compliment the red in the sentiment. I also added a couple light green enamel dots from the Pine Branch Clear with Color enamel dots.


So excited to have four more cards for my stash and these were so easy to make! I really love how they turned out too!


Here's another look at {BYSHC} Sketch 27 for the month of October!
I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! I'll be back next week with my weekly Christmas card using this fun new sketch!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.