Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Fun New Sketch ~ TOP Inky Inspiration Sketch 1 ~ May 2022 Whit Kit ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
As you may know, I love card sketches... they are seriously THE backbone to my mojo. I use sketches all the time! In fact, when I look at a card I often see the sketch design before I notice the pretty elements. I got to thinking that us cardmakers sometimes get in a funk when our mojo's aren't cooperating. And for me when that happens I look at past sketches or some of my older cards... and even head over to Pinterest to look for sketch ideas. For over a year and a half now I've been sharing sketches with the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmaker Facebook group which has been lots of fun and inspiring to get our Christmas card stash done for 2022. I got to thinking... why not start sharing sketches in my Tawny Owl Paperie | Inky Inspiration Facebook group!! Even better, the sketches aren't tied to a theme so you can use any stamps for any occasion!! So fun! And believe it or not, the sketch I'm sharing today helped me in designing my third card using the May 2022 Whit Kit from Unity Stamp Co


Here is a look at the very first TOP Inky Inspiration Sketch 1!! Woohoo!! I'm so excited for this sketch... I hope that you like it and maybe it'll inspire you to get inky!


As I mentioned above, I used the wonderful May 2022 Whit Kit from Unity for my card. I was so stuck trying to think of a card design for my third make with the kit and then I saw the sketch print out that I had on my desk and it was like... DUH!! LOL!


Once I had the sketch in mind, my card came together pretty quickly. You can check out my process video here... Fun New Sketch | TOP Inky Inspiration Sketch 1 | Unity.




Here's a quick list of the Copic Markers I used:

Watering Can ~ R00, R30
Daisies ~ B60, B0000, Y11, Y15, Y26
Pinks ~ R00, R21
Blues ~ B0000, B60
Yellows ~ Y000, Y11, Y15, Y26
Greens ~ YG11, YG91, YG95


And here's a look at the card kit! Be sure to check out the Whit Kit membership at Unity!! Today is the last day to sign up for the May 2022 kit!! If you already have the kit, I hope you share your creations in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group! Also, I'd love to invite you to join the Tawny Owl Paperie | Inky Inspiration Facebook group... it's a fun little group that I just started back up and I hope that you'll join us and play along with the first sketch! The sketch is just for fun... no prizes or anything yet. Just a fun way to get our mojos working when we get in a slump. Hope to see you there!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.