Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Lets-A Party Birthday Card ~ Game On ~ Kindred Stamps

 Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing the birthday card that I made for my youngest son's 13th birthday... he loves video games and he loves it when the whole family plays Mario Party together!! I'll admit... it's not really my thing, but I love to watch them all play!! It's a lot of fun and a great way to spend time together.


The amazing Game On Limited Edition Box from Kindred Stamps {sadly, it's sold out} was just the thing to make the perfect card! To get all the characters together for a party I did a lot of stamping and masking. I stamped Bowser and Toad first on my card front and then again on a post-it note. I fussy cut the post-it note masks and placed them on the stamped images. And then I stamped Princess Peach. I stamped a mask for her too. Fussy cut it out and placed the mask on the card front. And then I stamped Waluigi and Princess Daisy. I also made post-it note masks for them too because I knew I was going to add some kind of color to the background. I stamped Wario on a scrap piece of white card stock so I could fussy cut him and pop him up on the card with foam tape.


There was quite a bit of coloring for these characters. I'm going to list the Copic Markers I used per character but I wanted to note that I colored Princess Peach as Rosalina because that character wasn't included in the stamp set and it's the one that my daughter usually plays. 
Here's the list of Copic Markers I used:

Toad ~ E000, E00, E11, E04, R20, R14, R27, C00, C2, N2, N4, N6, Y06, Y15, B05, B28, E35, E39
Bowser ~ E00, E30, E43, YR15, YR68, R17, YG11, YG13, G14, N2, N4, N6, C00, C2, YR21, YR27, Y11, Y06, Y15
Princess Peach {colored as Rosalina} ~ E000, E00, E11, E04, Y11, BG000, BG01, BG15, Y06, Y15, R20, R14, R27
Princess Daisy ~ E000, E00, E11, E04, R20, R14, N2, N4, N6, BG01, BG15, Y11, Y06, Y15, YR31, YR23, YR27
Waluigi ~ E000, E00, E11, E04, RV10, RV21, RV14, C00, C2, V12, V15, V17, Y06, N2, N4, N6
Wario ~ E000, E00, E11, E04, RV10, RV21, RV14, C00, C2, V12, V15, V17, YG11, YG13, G14, Y11, Y06, Y15


Once I was happy with the coloring, I die cut the panel with the largest stitched rectangle from the Scallops & Rectangles {nesting dies} from Unity Stamp Co. I put the masks back on the characters and also masked the bottom portion of the die cut panel with a large post-it note. I then blended Twisted Citron and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide inks over the top portion of the panel. I removed the mask and covered the top portion of the panel this time with the large post-it note mask and blended Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide inks over the bottom portion of the panel. I cut a couple of pattern papers from the paper pad included in the Game On box. I chose the yellow paper for my background so that the yellows in the Wario character would pop. 


I finished off the card by doing a bit of stamping on the inside. Something that I don't do often enough. I ended up stamping the stars inside the card and on scrap white card stock. I used didn't want the alcohol ink to bleed through the back of my card. I inked the stars up with the yellows I used on a few of the characters ~ Y11, Y06 and Y15. I fussy cut them and colored around the edges with a Memento Tuxedo black marker which makes the edges nice and clean looking. I adhered the stars inside the card over the stars that I had stamped inside the card.


I stamped the sentiment with Sugar Cube White Pigment ink from Taylored Expressions and heat embossed some Alabaster White Embossing powder from Brutus Monroe with my Mini Wagner Precision Heat tool. I trimmed the sentiment and popped it up on the card with foam tape. Such a fun card to make and my son loved it!! So that's even better!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.