Monday, May 23, 2022

Copic Coloring on Kraft ~ Happy and Cozy Mini Slimline ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
My Whit Kit has been delayed a bit so in lieu of a Membership Monday post, I have a mini slimline card using the adorable new release called Happy and Cozy. When I shared my card earlier this month with the awesome door from the May 2022 Kit of the Month, I had several people ask about my copic coloring on Kraft. I thought this cute stamp set would be perfect for sharing my technique.


I die cut the panel on Kraft card stock with the Scalloped Stitched Mini Slimline die from Gina Marie Designs. And then I got to coloring... 


Here's a list of the Copic Markers I used:

Cabin ~ E55, E57, E59
Windows ~ Y11, Y06, Y15
Grass ~ YG13, YG93, YG95, YG97, YG99
Trees ~ E55, E57, YG13, YG93
Stars / Moon ~ Y11, Y06
Chimney / Smoke / Steps ~ N1, N3
Sky ~ BV0000, BV000, BV01, BV34, BV25, BV29


One little note when you color on Kraft card stock... the ink appears very dark at first, but it does lighten when it dries. It's also a bit muted in color... I really love the technique!


I added some white acrylic paint splatters and since the splatters messed up the nice clean edges I was wanting, I trimmed the panel just inside the stitching. I adhered the layers and wrapped some {Ivory} burlap string around the panel tying a pretty little bow. I popped up the panel with foam tape adhering it to a 3-1/8 x 6-1/8" piece of Midnight Muse card stock and then I adhered the card front to a 7 x 6-1/2" mini slimline card base that I scored at 3-1/2". If you're interested in seeing my coloring and process you can check it out here... Copic Coloring on Kraft | Happy and Cozy Mini Slimline | Unity Stamp Co.


  Well that's it for me today! I sure had a blast coloring up this sweet scene card to share with you all. If you haven't checked out the sale over at Unity for the second round of the Birthday Sale, you really should!! Lots of amazing new releases too!! 


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.