Friday, May 6, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 22 ~ Christmas Cookies ~ Tim Holtz

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with my weekly Christmas card using the current sketch over at the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group and this time I'm using some very neglected Tim Holtz products in my stash. As I've mentioned here and there, I'm still slowly unpacking my studio and I reorganized my pattern papers last week. Woohoo!! Now I know what is where and can find what I need more easily! YAY! I was also tickled pink to find my Tim Holtz Christmas papers! I set them aside to make a future card... while I was cleaning off my desk I found the super cute Christmas Cookies dies from Tim Holtz that my sweet and awesome friend, Robyn, gave me for Christmas. Thanks, Robyn!! It was just natural to use these adorable dies with the papers I had set aside.


First I decided I wanted to use the cute snowflake cookie... so I looked through all the pretty papers in the Tim Holtz 8x8" Christmas Paper Stash paper pad and chose two papers. There's just something about plaid for Christmas!! Love the pretty colors in this plaid paper!! I also chose the snowflakes to kinda coordinate with the snowflake cookie.


I cut my pattern papers and adhered them to a True Black card front measuring 6-1/2 x 3-1/2". I also cut a 1/8" strip of True Black card stock from Papertrey Ink and adhered it over the spot where the two pattern papers meet. I adhered the card front to a 6-1/2 x 7" white card base scored at 3-1/2".


I set the card aside and die cut the snowflake cookie. I die cut the cookie base two times from Crumb Cake card stock from Stampin' Up. I colored around the edge of the cookie base with E35 and then blended it with E51. It made the edge a bit darker than I had wanted but I still used it. I die cut the light blue frosting three times from Soft Sky card stock from Stampin' Up. I colored around the edge with BG000 and BG0000. I die cut the snowflake from Stampers Select white card stock from Papertrey Ink four times. I wanted the snowflake to be raised even more than the frosting. I colored the edge of the snowflake with just a tiny bit of C00 and C2. I ended up adding back some white with a Sakura white gelly roll pen.


I adhered all the layers of the cookie together... it's so cute and looks just like a yummy cookie! LOL!
Now I did plan to add some Glossy Accents to the frosting but totally forgot to do that before I took photos so just imagine it's all glossy and shiny and delicious looking!! The sentiment is a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Christmas Remnant Rubs that I applied over a scrap of True Black card stock. This was basically a sentiment sticker that you peel the back off of and use the little stick and rub it on. I've had these in my stash forever and just now finally used one. It's very easy to use and super cute! I trimmed the sentiment and adhered the left side to the bottom of the snowflake cookie and then popped up both the sentiment and cookie with foam tape. Cute!!


Here's a look at the fun {BYSHC} Sketch 22 for the month of May!
I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the  {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! I'll be back next Friday with my regular weekly Christmas card using this fun sketch!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

2 comments:

  1. FINDE DAS PAPIER SEHR SCHÖN

    wünsche noch einen schönen TAG
    bis bald die BIRGIT aus TIROL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.