Monday, May 9, 2022

Membership Monday ~ May 2022 BOM Around We Go ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I am back with another fun card for Membership Monday!! This time I've played with the new May 2022 Background of the Month called Around We Go from Unity Stamp Co. When I saw this new background the first thing that came to mind was tree rings... so I thought I'd go with an earthy brown and green card with a tree as my focal piece but I still wanted the cool background to shine.


I ink smooshed a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" piece of white card stock with Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Ground Espresso,  and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide inks. I dried it a bit with my mini Wagner heat tool and then set it aside. I stamped the cute tree from the Angie's Tree stamp kit with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink on a piece of vellum card stock. I dried it with my heat tool.


Once it was totally dry, I flipped it over and very simply colored up the tree scene with the following Copic markers:

Tree Trunk ~ E35, E59
Leaves ~ YG23, YG17
Hearts ~ R14, R27
Sky ~ B00
Grass ~ YG23


I could have colored up the pretty tree just on white card stock but I love the softness it gives the image when it's colored on vellum. I trimmed the vellum piece to be just slightly smaller than the front of the card base being sure that the tree was on the right side. I die cut the Around We Go background with a circle die from the Additional Circles dies from Waffle Flower. I chose a circle die to compliment the circles in the background. I adhered the background piece over the vellum piece on the card base. I wrapped the front of the card a few times with Ivory May Arts Burlap string and tied a pretty bow. I stamped the sentiment with Wow Clear embossing ink on Close to Cocoa card stock and melted some Alabaster White embossing powder with my Mini Wagner heat tool. I trimmed the sentiment and added some foam tape to the top and bottom of the sentiment and popped it up on the card.


Such a fun background stamp! I just love how my card turned out! You can check out the Background of the Month membership over at Unity Stamp Co.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.