Monday, May 16, 2022

Membership Monday ~ May 2022 UU You've Got You ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I am back with another Membership Monday post featuring the beautiful Uniquely Unity membership from Unity Stamp Co. The May 2022 Uniquely Unity stamp called You've Got You is a fabulous silhouette stamp!! I had a fun idea to see how it would look with white embossing and black embossing... kinda like a black vs. white embossing showdown. LOL!


Now in retrospect I kinda wish that I had heat embossed with white on black card stock. The white get's lost on the white card stock. I think if I had heat embossed with white on black it would be more prominent. But at the same time the ink blending would have been totally different. Maybe if I have time I'll give it a try for another day.


I just love these colors ink blended together! Even the colors left on the stencil reminded me of a beautiful sunset. I ink blended Saltwater Taffy, Seedless Preserves and Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide inks for this one.


Unfortunately, I only have one black embossing powder in my stash and that's a very old one from Stampin' Up that's honestly contaminated with glitter and bits of this and that. If you have a wonderful detailed black embossing powder please enable me... I definitely need to get some!!


The color combo on this one reminds me of water. I desperately need to clean my blender brushes but I was so excited that I finally found them in a box that I recently unpacked so I couldn't wait to use them!! It's been so frustrating using one little blending brush for all my colors. I was not looking forward to trying to do that with all the colors I used for these two cards. The struggle is real! LOL!


Here you can see some of the shine of the white embossing on the card front. I really had planned for these cards to be no layer cards, but I always seem to forget how much heat embossing can warp card stock. So after melting the embossing powder for both of these I had to change my plan and cut the card front to slightly smaller panels and adhere them to white A2 top fold card bases.


I wanted to go with a smaller print for the sentiment so the ink blending and silhouette image could be the focus. I chose one of the cute birthday sentiments in the Aging Gorgeously {July 2020 Sentiment Kit}. It's simply stamped with Gina K. Designs Black Amalgam ink. 

You can check out my process video for these cards here... Membership Monday | May 2022 Uniquely Unity You've Got You | Unity Stamp Co.





Such a beautiful stamp! I'm seriously having a hard time deciding which card I like more... do you have a favorite?! I love how bold the black is on the first card but the pop of white on the second card is so striking! I don't know that I can pick. Let me know in the comments which is your favorite. You can check out the Uniquely Unity membership over at Unity Stamp Co.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.