Sunday, May 8, 2022

Follow Your Dreams Gnome Matter What ~ Graduation Gnome ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
So super excited to share a cute graduation card with the latest gnome... the Graduation Gnome from Unity Stamp Co. This cutie was just released over at Unity for their big 14th Birthday Sale!! Woohoo! I love this time of year! The Unity Birthday sale is always so awesome!!


I started this card by stamping and coloring up the adorable Graduation Gnome. I then die cut him with the largest stitched scalloped die from the Make a Tag {die set} also from Unity. While I had the die out I also die cut a piece of True Black card stock. Since it was the largest die I wouldn't be able to die cut a tag for a mat but I could offset the same size die behind it which gives it some dimension. 


For my background I die cut a piece of white card stock with the Falling Stars {background die} from Unity. My original plan was to actually use the die cut background as a stencil. I blended Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed and Wild Honey Distress Oxide inks in an ombre style blend over the makeshift stencil but I didn't like how bright the background was... there was too much white. It just wasn't right for the card. When I placed the tags on the yellow ink blended star background though... Bam! It popped! So I went with it and set the stenciled background aside for another day. I adhered the star background to a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" True Black card front.


I used the following Copic markers to color up this adorable Graduation Gnome:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11
Beard ~ C00, C3
Graduation Cap ~ N1, N3, N6
Tassel ~ Y06, Y15
Shoes ~ N1, N3, N6
Diploma ~ C00, C3, R14, R27
Grounding ~ N1, N3


To tie in the white of the tag I stamped the sentiment on white card stock and cut it so it wasn't quite centered. I used a couple of the die cut stars as an accent. Since they were die cut before I did the ink blending I just dabbed them in the Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed ink pads to give them a little bit of color. I adhered the trimmed sentiment to a slightly larger strip of True Black card stock and then adhered it to the card front. I adhered the black tag to the back of the gnome tag at an offset angle and then I popped up both with lots of foam tape. So cute and I think this card could be made with any combination of school colors for the graduate in your life.

Have you stopped by Unity to check out the fab new releases and amazing Birthday sale? Oh my gosh... so many new goodies! I was able to get a few fun stamps that have been on my wishlist too!! Yay!
Well, that's it for me today... I'll see ya tomorrow with a fun card for Membership Monday.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.