Wednesday, June 1, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 23 ~ Deck the Halls ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
It's time for a new Sketch Challenge over at Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers and I have a sweet Christmas card to share using a beautiful stamp from Unity Stamp Co. called Deck the Halls. I've been wanting to ink up this stamp for quite awhile but it's been too large to work with our sketches so I chose a sketch that would work with this stamp and other large stamps. I can't wait to see the creations made this month with this sketch design... I think it'll be fun!


I paired up this beautiful stamp with the Christmas paper pad from Carta Bella Paper Co. I've only used these papers once or twice and they are gorgeous!! I really wanted to use as much of it as I could. The banners in this sketch really allow for you to showcase your pretty pattern papers.


I stamped the cute Deck the Halls couple with Gina K. Design Black Amalgam ink and colored it up with the following Copic Markers:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11, E04
Hair ~ E51, E55, E57, E59
Hats ~ YG11, G24, G46, C00, C2, N2, N4, N6
Boots ~ E51, E55, E57, N2, N4, N6 
Her Clothes ~ R20, R27, R59, B91, B95, B97
His Clothes ~ R20, R14, R27, YG11, G24, G46, B95, B97, B99
Glove ~ N2, N4, N6
Tree ~ YG11, G24, G46, E55, E57, E59
Ground ~ C00, C2
Outline ~ N0, N1


I trimmed my copic colored panel down to 3-5/8 x 4-7/8" cutting off a bit of the trunk because I wanted to show more of the pretty holly pattern paper. I adhered my pattern paper banner strips to the panel and then trimmed off the excess. I cut a black card stock mat measuring 3-3/4 x 5" and adhered the panel to it. And then I adhered the mat panel to the holly pattern paper card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". I then adhered the entire card front to a white A2 top fold card base. I added a few touches of white gel pen to the tree and a little bit to his glove. I stamped the sentiment and trimmed it and then adhered it to a black mat. I wanted to add a little something under the sentiment... it just seemed like a lot of empty space so I added a few red rhinestones from the Rainbow Bling rhinestones from Gina Marie Designs.


Here's a look at the fun {BYSHC} Sketch 23 for the month of June!
I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the  {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! Since this new sketch is starting mid-week I'm going to count this card as my weekly Christmas card and I'll be back June 10th with my regular weekly Christmas card using this fun new sketch!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.