Monday, June 6, 2022

Membership Monday ~ Coffee Crazy Background of the Month ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
It's the first Monday of a new month and I'm back with the new June 2022 Background of the Month membership stamp from Unity Stamp Co. and this one is called Coffee Crazy!! It's fantastic for coffee themed cards and projects! I love it! I love it so much that I wanted to show as much of it as I could so I decided to use it for both my layers in the background on this card.


 I ink smooshed my background with Antique Linen, Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso Distress Oxide inks. I dried the ink smooshed background completely with a Wagner Precision Heat Tool and then inked up the Coffee Crazy stamp with Ranger Jet Black Archival ink. I distressed the edges with Ground Espresso Distress Ink... I love the richness this gives to the card!


I cut my background into three pieces and adhered the top and bottom pieces to an Early Espresso card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". I adhered my middle piece to a 4-1/4 x 2-1/4" piece of Early Espresso card stock from Stampin' Up. I adhered a piece of scrap card stock between the top and bottom background pieces so my middle piece would lay flat and then I adhered the middle piece to the card front.


I set the background aside while I stamped the beautiful girl from Dream of Being with Gina K. Design Black Amalgam ink on white card stock and then I colored her up with the following Copic markers:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11, E04, RV10, RV21
Hair ~ E43, E44, E49
Sweater ~ BG000, BG15, BG72, BG75
Cup ~ RV10, RV21, C00, C2


I distressed the edges of the colored girl panel with the Ground Espresso Distress Ink. I trimmed a 3-5/8 x 3/4" piece of Lost Lagoon card stock from Stampin' Up. I stamped the sentiment from the Just What I Needed stamp set from Unity with Wow Clear Embossing ink and heat embossed Alabaster White Embossing powder. I die cut the STAMPlorations Coffee sentiment from Early Espresso {twice} and Lost Lagoon card stock. I adhered all the die cut sentiments together... the two Early Espresso ones on the bottom and the Lost Lagoon on the top. I like the extra bit of dimension this gives the die cut sentiment. 


I trimmed the sentiment and cut a flag on the end. I adhered all of my pieces to the card using a few scraps of card stock under the focal piece so that it would lay flat. I added a few enamel dots to finish off the card. They were actually from a Christmassy/wintry enamel dot pack called Let it Snow from Carta Bella.... but they were just the right color. 


Here's a look at the sketch I used for my card design! I recently started sharing a monthly sketch in my Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Facebook group to help inspire and encourage cardmakers when they're in a bit of a crafty funk. A good sketch always gets my mojo going! I hope it helps others too!


I just love this new background stamp! So fun! You can check out the Background of the Month membership over at Unity Stamp Co. I'll be back next Monday with a card using a stamp from the new June 2022 Kit of the Month!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for enabling me! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... always happy to enable! Thanks so much for the sweet comment, Mary!

      Delete
  2. It's lovely, Crystal! I didn't know you had a FB Group! I just requested to join.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your card, Crystal! Thanks for always sharing your process! I need that Coffee die!!! (Already have the Unity Stamps!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! {If you receive an email with my response, will you please reply to this comment with your name so I know who left this lovely comment.}

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.