Tuesday, June 28, 2022

TOP Inky Inspiration Sketch 2 ~ Cuddlebug Bat with Resolutions ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm excited to share a new sketch today... TOP Inky Inspiration Sketch 2!! This is a very simple sketch that came in handy for me when I got stuck in the middle of making my daughter's birthday card. She asked me for a 'bat' themed birthday card this year and the adorable Cuddlebug Bat from Unity popped in my mind immediately but that's as far as I got for a good long while!! 


This design came to mind while drifting off to sleep one night... I remembered the quick and cute card that I made using the January 2022 Whit Kit with the adorable balloon! I thought a similar design would work great just adding in the bat holding the balloon!


Here's a look at the new sketch!! Very simple... and so easy to change it up to make it work for so many different cards! I'm excited to play around with it for the month of July.


Of course, I just had to use the fabulous Scallops & Rectangles {nesting dies} for my layers. I stamped the cute stars on Stampers Select White card stock from Papertrey Ink with Mustard Seed, Wilted Violet and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide inks. I die cut it with the largest stitched rectangle die from the die set. I also die cut a piece of Amethyst Allure card stock from Papertrey Ink with the largest stitched scalloped die. I mat the layers with a card front of Tropical Teal card stock, also from Papertrey Ink measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". I adhered the layers to a white A2 top fold card base.


I set that aside and inked up the adorable Cuddlebug Bat stamp with Black Amalgam ink from Gina K. Designs. I colored up this cutie with the following Copic markers:

Bat ~ V0000, V000, V12, V15, V17
Hearts ~ R20, R14, R27
Stars & Moon ~ Y11, Y06, Y15
Grounding ~ N0, N1


Once I was done coloring, I fussy cut the bat leaving a skinny white border except around the stars, moon and heart. I didn't want to cut off the 'shine' lines. I set the bat aside and grabbed the Resolutions stamp kit from the January 2022 Whit Kit. I inked up the balloon with the Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink... wiping away the ink on the string... and then stamped it a couple times repeating the steps. And then I did the same for the string but with Black Amalgam ink. I think it ties all the colors together very nicely! 


I'd love to invite you to join the Tawny Owl Paperie | Inky Inspiration Facebook group... it's a fun little group that I just started back up. I hope that you'll join us and play along with the July sketch! The sketch is just for fun... no prizes or anything yet. Just a fun way to get our mojos working when we get a little stuck or in a slump. Hope to see you there!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.