Friday, June 10, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 23 ~ Christmas Watercolor Panels ~ Taylored Expressions

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with my weekly Christmas card using the current sketch from the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group and this time I needed something quick! I was going to look through my journaling cards real quick but I couldn't find them. One of these days I'll get my studio unpacked and organized! LOL! While I was looking though I found a package of Christmas watercolor panels from Taylored Expressions that I've had in my stash for awhile. I thought I'd give one of the panels a try... and it made for a pretty quick card!


It has been ages since I've done any watercoloring so it was fun to pull out my ZIGs and play. I colored up the panel with a few basic colors... greens for the trees, red for the sentiment and a touch of blue to highlight the snow. Super easy and quick!


For my background I ran a piece of Real Red card stock from Stampin' Up! through my Big Shot with an embossing folder called Snowflake Trim by Darice. I swiped my Sugar Cube White Pigment ink pad from Taylored Expressions lightly over the embossed card stock giving the snowflakes a hint of white.  


I trimmed the background to 5-1/8 x 3-7/8" and adhered it to a True Black card stock mat measuring 5-1/4 x 4". I cut a couple flags from the Real Red and True Black card stock. I punched the corners of the watercolored panel with a corner punch and then popped it up on the snowflake background with foam tape. I added a piece of foam tape just above the panel and adhered my little flags with some liquid glue and the foam tape. I adhered the entire panel to a Real Red card front measuring 5-1/2 x 4-1/4" and then I adhered the card front to a white A2 top fold card base that I turned on it's side. Done! I think it turned out pretty cute and it definitely has elements of the sketch.


Speaking of the sketch... here's another look at this month's {BYSHC} Sketch 23! I hope you've found some inspiration for the sketch or maybe just been inspired to make a Christmas card. If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the  {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! I'll be back next week with my weekly Christmas card using this fun sketch!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.