Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Ink Smooshed Geometric Background ~ The Best You Can ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
It's time for another fun release over at Unity Stamp Co. and I have a pretty card to share with you today!! I used two new releases to create my card... the cool 3D Cube Background stamp and the gorgeous The Best You Can stamp set a new release by Graciellie Design!


What do you think? I like the contrast with the mix of flowers and the geometric design of the background... and who doesn't love ink smooshed backgrounds?! I really love the mix of colors I used for this one, too... Blueprint Sketch and Broken China. Not a combo I would typically use but I think it's awesome together. I started my card by ink smooshing the two Distress Oxide colors and then once that was dry, I stamped over them with the 3D Cube Background stamp with Ranger Archival Jet Black ink. I set that aside and colored up the beautiful magnolias from The Best You Can stamp set. I love florals by Graciellie Design... always SO gorgeous!


We have several magnolia trees in our neighborhood and one right in front of our house. I just love how pretty they are and they smell so good! So I decided to color up these magnolias just like the ones in the front of our house... a simple white beautiful magnolia. I used the following Copic markers to color up the magnolias:

Petals ~ C00, C2, C3
Corolla {center} ~ Y06, Y15, Y38
Stem ~ E33, E37, E47


To keep with the geometric design, I die cut a piece of black card stock with a Geometric Double Frame die by Gina Marie Design. I adhered that to the background that I had trimmed down and mat with a black card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". I fussy cut the magnolias and popped them up with foam tape. Then I trimmed the sentiment just leaving it on plain white card stock and popped it up on the card, also with foam tape. To finish off the card, I added a few Simply White Nuvo Gloss Crystal Drops. I sure love how this turned out! I hope you do too! Go check out all the beautiful new releases over at Unity Stamp Co.!! So many pretty new stamps and even new dies!!

I'm linking up my card to the following challenges:




Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.