Friday, June 25, 2021

Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas ~ June 2021 Edition

 Hello there crafty friend!

I am super excited to be back guesting with the fantastic Crafty Elves! Last month I was just a quick fill in for another guest who wasn't able to participate at the last minute. But this month, I am a full on guest and that means that I've been getting inky and I've made four cards to share with you all today!!


Woohoo! I'm SO excited! 
I promise though, I'll keep the chit chat down so you can get moving right on through to all the wonderful creations from the Crafty Elves!


Of course, I just HAD to use the {BYSHC} Sketch 11 for my first card! I made a similar card at the beginning of the month and since I already had the papers cut, I decided to make a second card which was perfect for today's hop! I used the adorable Heart Warming Itty Bitty stamp from Unity along with the cute Santa's Workshop papers from Carta Bella.


Here's a look at Sketch 11. I'd love to invite you to join us over at Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group and start building your stash of holiday cards now rather than stressing out later in the year!


Isn't that just the cutest snowman stamp!? So much fun to color!
Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used:

Snow ~ C00, C2
Scarf / Hat / Mittens ~ BG10, BG01, R000, R14, R27, C00, C2
Bear ~ E21, E23, E27, G21, G24, G46
Background ~ B0000, B00


My second card using the sweet Miss Anya Hello Winter from The Greeting Farm along with the Really Rainbow Christmas papers from Lawn Fawn. Such a fun card! The sentiment is from the adorable Little Elves stamp set also from The Greeting Farm.


I usually do brown or blond hair when I'm coloring, but I've been trying to get out of my comfort zone. I did black hair a bit ago... but I got to thinking pink hair would be perfect for this girl and it's so cute with the rainbow colors in the papers. Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11, R01, R20
Hair ~ RV02, RV04, RV19
Hat / Boots ~ BV000, BV01, C00, C2, C3
Coat ~ BV000, BV01
Dress ~ B0000, B00, B02
Snowman ~ C00, C2, YR15, YR68


My third card is one that I have worked on and struggled with for quite some time. It's amazing how a card can be so stubborn! LOL! I had these snowmen from the fun Snow Way stamp set by Unity all colored up and I even had a background ready, but the layout never seemed right. I started working on this background (which was actually supposed to be for the fairies in my next card) and something about it made me think it'll work better with these snowmen. And it does! The background is ink smooshed with Wilted Violet and Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide inks and the snowflake border is the Bold Borders: Flurries die from Papertrey Ink. The sentiment is from the cute Cuddlebug Frog stamp set from Unity that I stamped with Wilted Violet Distress Oxide ink.


I used the following Copic markers for these cute snowmen:

Snowmen ~ R00, R01, R14, R27, YR15, YR68
Snowman #1 ~ G0000, G00, Y000, Y02
Snowman #2 ~ Y000, Y02, C00, C2
Snowman #3 ~ V000, V12, C00, C2, Y000, Y02
Snowman #4 ~ B0000, B00, V000, V12, Y000, Y02


My fourth card is a sweet mini slimline scene card that I created using the adorable Frosty Fairy Friends stamp set from Lawn Fawn. I mentioned above how I struggled with the snowmen in my third card... well, this background is the one that I was struggling to use with those snowmen. I think the colors were just off a bit, but it works perfectly with these adorable fairies. I used Worn Lipstick, Tattered Rose, and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide inks to blend the background. I die cut the snowy hills using the Slimline Stitched Hillside Borders dies, also from Lawn Fawn.


I adhered all the elements of my little scene on the card, popping up the little fairies. I was going to leave it as a 3 x 6" panel but then my new mini slimline dies arrived from Gina Marie Design sooo... I ended up trimming my panel just a tad to 2-7/8 x 5-7/8" and adhered it to a Pleated Lace Mini Slimline die cut from white card stock. I used the following Copic markers for this sweet card:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11
Dresses ~ B0000, B00, B02
Fairy #1 ~ YR24, YR30, E33 {hair}, RV000, RV10, RV52 {wings}, C00, C2 {scarf}
Fairy #2 ~ E08, E09, E21 {hair}, BV0000, BV000, BV01 {wings}, C00, C2 {scarf}
Snow ~ C00, C2
Mushrooms ~ R000, R14, R46, C00, C2, W00, W1, W2
Fairy House ~E37, E51, E55, E59, N0, N3, R000, R14, R46, Y0000, Y02, Y06, Y15, B000, B00, B02
Trees ~ C00, C2, E37, E55

Well, that's it for me... which means my time as a guest of the Crafty Elves has come to an end. *Sigh* But I hope you've been inspired to get a head start on your holiday cards! Be sure to stop by The Crafty Elves' blogs to see their fantastic creations this month:






Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

7 comments:

  1. These are all just darling!! The fairy scene is so cute & love your inked BG. Those snowmen are my favorite! What a sweet card; love all the elements and colors. Sweet design, too. And I have to play in the sketch challenge ... tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet cards! I love the first one with the fun papers and adorable image! The mini slimline scene with the fairies is so pretty... it worked out perfectly with your ink blended background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful variety of Christmas cards. I like the papers and your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all awesome cards and I love that purple and pink background on the snowman cards!! You were a great guest elf!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards!! Really love all that blended backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all your non tradtional cards. So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh...loving all of your cards this month. So happy you joined us this month again. I love all the non-traditional holiday colors, something I really need to try one month. Hope you will join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.