Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Interactive Card ~ Gnome of the Brave ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!

I'm so excited to share a fun new release from Unity Stamp Co. called Gnome of the Brave. I paired this adorable gnome up with the Broad Stripes, Bright Stars stamp that was released last year! I thought it would be so fun to make an Interactive card by having the fun gnome ride his rocket across the flag! Ha... so fun!


I blended my background with Candied Apple and Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide inks and even added some water splatter for texture. And then I stamped the big Broad Stripes, Bright Stars flag over top with Ranger Archival Jet Black ink. I love the distressed design of this flag!! I die cut the flag with the smallest of the dies from the Slide On Over Semicircles by Lawn Fawn. In retrospect, I should have die cut two of these semicircles to keep the gnome from spinning in circles but... it's also kind of fun that he's riding this rocket and you can make him turn in circles. Haha... so I don't know.


I colored up the cute gnome and rocket with the following copic markers:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11
Beard ~ C00, C2
Hat / Rocket ~ C00, C2, R14, R46, B12, B28, Y02, Y15, Y35
Shoes ~ N2, N4, N6
Flag ~ R000, R14, R46, B12, B28



I fussy cut the image leaving a white border around the edges. I made the image a bit more sturdy by stamping and fussy cutting a second image and adhering both layers together. I adhered him to the sliding mechanism that I created using two small circles with a mini stampin' dimensional in the middle. I stamped the sentiment, trimmed it and adhered it to the background.


Here's a quick video to show the cute gnome in action!


And one last look at the card! Isn't he just the cutest gnome!? I sure love how this turned out! I hope you do too! I'll be back tomorrow with another fun new release from Unity Stamp Co.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

1 comment:

  1. The card is adorable. I love how you made the gnome ride the rocket! The background and your coloring are great. You nailed it!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.