Thursday, June 17, 2021

Stamping Through a Stencil ~ Remember to Breathe ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I am back with another card featuring the beautiful new Remember to Breathe stamp from Unity Stamp Co. This beauty is a new Graciellie Design stamp that is now available in red rubber!! I am a huge fan of Graciellie Design stamps and butterflies!! So when I saw this beauty I just knew I had to play with it and had a fun idea to do some stamping through a stencil using the Wonky Stripes Background and Just a Dash Background stamps that released awhile ago that I hadn't gotten a chance to play with until now.


Isn't that just a beautiful butterfly?! I love it! I colored it very simply with three Copic markers: Y06, Y15, Y38 and then I fussy cut it and set it aside to make the background.


What I love about the technique I used is that it doesn't give a complete impression of the stamp... it's more of a imperfect distressed background. I did not plan on doing the additional blending around the oval but since I smudged some of the ink around the edges of the oval that was my 'fix'. The butterfly covers some of the background but I love how you can see the Wonky Stripes Background stamp in the Wilted Violet and Shaded Lilac oxide inks and then the Just a Dash Background in the Amalgam black ink. These two background stamps are made to overlap and it was so fun to finally ink them up!


Here you can see more of the background. Perfectly imperfect! I love it! I hope you do too.
I have a quick video on my YouTube channel sharing my process in creating the background. You can check that out here... Stamping Through a Stencil | Remember to Breathe.





To finish up this card, I added some Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Gloss to the butterfly and I popped up the sentiment with foam tape. A pretty CAS card with a fun background technique. I hope you're inspired to play with some of your background stamps. Be sure to check out the new release over at Unity Stamp Co. and, of course, there's a fabulous sale going on!!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.