Saturday, June 19, 2021

3 Day Mermaid Hop ~ Salina Girl & Ocean Waves Background ~ Unity Stamp Co.

Hello there crafty friend!
It's day 2 of the 2nd Annual 3 Day Mermaid Hop and I am back with another pretty mermaid card!! This time I'm featuring the gorgeous Salina Girl stamp from Unity Stamp Co. along with the awesome Ocean Waves Background stamp! Love these two stamps together!


I stamped the Ocean Waves Background stamp on Canson XL watercolor paper with Gina K. Design Amalgam black ink. I heat set it with my Mini Wagner Heat tool and then blended Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide inks over the background. I added some water splatter by spritzing water into the palm of my hand and then clapping over the background. I let the water sit for just a bit and then dabbed the background with a paper towel. The oxide inks covered up a bit of the stamped background so I stamped the background again over the blended inks to make it a crisp black image again. I couldn't find just the right purple card stock in my stash so I decided to make my own by blending Wilted Violet Distress Oxide over Canson XL watercolor paper. I die cut it with a large scalloped rectangle die and then mat it on True Black card stock.


I die cut the Ocean Waves Background with two stitched rectangle dies so that I could pop up the center panel to give the card more dimension. I stamped the sentiment on a wide strip of Vellum card stock with Wow Clear Embossing ink and melted a fine black embossing powder with a Mini Wagner heat tool. I wrapped the sentiment around the top panel adding just a tiny bit of adhesive behind the sentiment and under where the mermaid would be placed. I mat both background layers with True Black card stock and adhered them together and then onto the card front.


I stamped the beautiful Salina Girl with Wow Clear Embossing ink and watercolored her with ZIG Clean Color Real Brush markers. To tie in the purple scallop layer, I added a bit of purple to the center of the flowers. I love how they turned out! Sometimes I struggle with watercoloring hair, but I'm really happy with how her hair turned out. Once the image was dry, I fussy cut it leaving a skinny white border and then I popped up the mermaid on the card with foam tape.


To finish off the card, I added a few Ebony Black Nuvo Gloss Crystal drops
Love it! I hope you like it too! 

Be sure to check out the hashtag #mermaidsarereal to see all the other fabulous mermaid creations being shared in the hashtag hop! Some of the stops on the hop are having giveaways!

Before you go... let me know in the comments what's your favorite mermaid stamp? Mine is Adella Girl from Unity Stamp Co. I'll be picking one lucky winner from the comments during the 3 Day Mermaid Hop that will win a Mer-Mazing Prize Package!*

I'll be back tomorrow with not one, but two more beautiful mermaid cards!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}


*If an International prize winner is chosen, I will send an alternate prize... a gift card to Unity!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty card! I love that background design and the colors you used!
    My favorite mermaid set is Little Coral Girl from Picket Fence Studios.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A mermaid hop! Who knew? Your card is lovely Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! I love the background and your coloring is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful coloring. Your card is amazing. I searched on mermaid at the Unity Site and I would also say Adella Girl is my favorite. She is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.