Friday, June 18, 2021

3 Day Mermaid Hop ~ Trishell ~ The Greeting Farm


Hello there crafty friend!
I'm so excited to be joining a bunch of crafty friends in the 2nd Annual 3 Day Mermaid Hop!! I just adore mermaids and this hop is a perfect chance to ink up some of my favorite mermaid stamps!


Today, I'm sharing a card I made with the beautiful Trishell stamp from The Greeting Farm. Isn't she just the cutest?! The Greeting Farm has a bunch of adorable mermaids in their shop. I chose this one because I haven't inked her up yet and one of my crafty goals this year has been to ink up those neglected stamps that I had to have in my collection.


I stamped Trishell twice, first on a scrap of white card stock and then again on a white card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". I set the one on the scrap card stock aside and grabbed a couple of stencils to create my background. Using Trishell as my guide, I blended the Wave stencil from The Crafters Workshop along with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink... but on a side note, I hadn't cleaned my blending brush so I think the waves have a bit of Peacock Feathers blended in there too. For the sun rays I used the Rays mini stencil found in the Tim Holtz Mini Stencil Set 5 and I blended Mustard Seed Distress Oxide ink over that one.


I set aside the background and got to coloring this sweet mermaid with the following Copic markers:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11, R01, R20
Hair ~ BV0000, BV000, BV11
Bikini / Tail ~ BG10, BG13, BG32, BG57
Conch Shell ~ RV000, RV10, RV21, BV11, E35


 I fussy cut the mermaid and made the edges all nice and clean with a Memento Tuxedo black marker. I die cut the background with a stitched rectangle die. I then grabbed a piece of Weathervane card stock and fussy cut a rock free hand. I added a bit of shading to the rock with Black Soot Distress Oxide ink. I adhered the rock to the background and then adhered the mermaid over top being sure to line her up just right over the mermaid in the background. I added some white gel pen to the pearls on her bikini strap and added some Simply White Nuvo Gloss Crystal Drops to her hair. I popped up the background with foam tape adhering it to a white A2 top fold card base. I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of white card stock and trimmed it. I cut a couple of skinny strips from the foam tape and adhered them to the bottom and right side of the sentiment so it would sit level and then I also used some Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue on the top portion of the sentiment to adhere it in place. 

Be sure to check out all the other creations in the 3 Day Mermaid Hop by checking out the hashtag #mermaidsarereal. Some of the stops on the hop are having giveaways!

Before you go... let me know in the comments what's your favorite color combo for mermaids? Mine is purple and teal. I'll be picking one lucky winner from the comments during the 3 Day Mermaid Hop that will win a Mer-Mazing Prize Package!*

 I'll be back tomorrow with another beautiful mermaid card! 


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}


*If an International prize winner is chosen, I will send an alternate prize... a gift card to Unity!

7 comments:

  1. I live the purple and teal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful little mermaid. Thanks for joining in the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite color combo for mermaids is a light pink with a teal/lagoon color. I think this Mermaid is adorable. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet card with this adorable mermaid! Love the background and the way you colored her!
    I like using aqua and green for mermaids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! Love the dot texture on her tail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet image and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card. I would say teal and navy or even green. I have a zillion stamps but no mermaids :-(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.